Can anyone confirm this?????

by Tatiana 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/9/29/223954/887

Mormhovaologists Back Romney

by tbrucegodfrey
    Sat Sep 29, 2007 at 08:28:23 PM PDT

In a stunning move, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Sea Organization of the Church of Scientology have pooled their human, financial and field organizations into a new political action committee to get Mitt Romney elected President.

AP (Clearwater, FL) - "Today, we look forward to a new era for our Church," announced Church of Scientology spokesperson Catherine Wilkens. "Through out strategic partnership with the Watchtower and with our new partners in Salt Lake City, we are fully confident that we can get a man who truly reflects our forward-looking values and ambitions for a truly world-wide outreach to clear our planet of its ills. Our founder L. Ron Hubbard would be proud."

Standing at a podium clasping hands with vice-president the Reverend Jeremiah Dawkins of the Jehovah's Witnesses' Brooklyn-based Watch Tower Society and James Faust, the "Second Counselor" and third executive official of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Wilkens announced the formation of a new political action committee - Door Knock 2008 - to facilitate the election of LDS member Mitt Romney as the Republican Presidential nominee and ultimately as U.S. President.

"We are 144,000 strong in this life and the next," announced Rev. Dawkins. "While we do not see eye to eye with our partners on every issue today, we are confident that President Romney will move us closer to the end times predicted in the Bible, and we are proud to put our experienced door-to-door outreach volunteers to good service."

"We are so proud of Brother Mitt!" Second Counselor Faust shouted, "and we look forward to seeing him as the next President of the United States!"

The formation of Door Knock 2008 came after tense negotiations between multiple potential coalition partners. Early consideration had been given to involving the Unitarian Universalist Association and the Libertarian Party of the United States, but strategic analysis led to the rejection of those bids, according to reports.

Representative Pete Stark (D-CA), a long-time Unitarian who recently came under scrutiny and criticism for his self-identification as a non-theist, commented on the UUA's failed bid. "You cannot have a bunch of religious liberals just going up to a door and, when asked, explain that they felt a vague duty to knock on the door, but for no particular theological or spiritual reason."

Rep. Stark noted the culture clashes that Unitarian activists might have faced. "We are non-patriarchal, non-literalist, non-creedal, pro-mental health care for all and pro-science. So we would have had even less reason to knock on the door to spread the message of either Mitt Romney or our potential coalition partners. We do our best proselytizing at monthly non-sexist organic coffee houses - yet another problem, no coffee with our separated brethren from Utah."

LPUSA national spokesman Billy Conway "B.C." Budd of the Libertarian Party was unavailable due to his attendance at the LPUSA's national convention, held at the LPUSA's newly purchased permanent headquarters and convention center in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Spokesmen from the Mitt Romney campaign declined comment, citing federal laws governing finance and campaign coordination. Analysts praised the coalition, noting the ethnic, geographic and administrative balancing of the coalition partners. The Scientologists bring an administrative base in Florida, a crucial swing state, along with number of

front allied organizations and a strong skill base in fundraising and intelligence gathering. The Watch Tower has relatively few registered voters due to Jehovah's Witnesses' principles against cooperating with the state, but it more than makes up for that weakness with urban field operations and infamous persistence in the face of tough audiences of homeowners. The LDS church brings a solid voting bloc, a corps of young clean-cut missionary men accustomed to challenging work and superb record-keeping; they often reach where the Jehovah's Witnesses cannot.

Some critics questioned whether such a coalition could put Romney in a potentially difficult conflict based on Romney's core beliefs, while others cast severe doubt as to whether that would become a practical issue for this candidate.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This is total crap from start to finish...Witnesses don't use "Reverends."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it is a con

• erynw
    erynw
    Tags: religion, Mitt Romney , LDS, Scientology, Watch Tower , Jehovah's Witnesses , snark, satire, humor (all tags) :: Previous Tag Versions

From the tags for the article, I would say it is a joke.

• watson
    watson

If ONLY it were true!! LOL.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Yup, that's pretty hard to believe. Although I'm glad someone brought up Romney. I am truly scared that this guy is as popular as he is. This makes me want to expand my activism to encorporate the Mormons too. As far as I'm concerned they are just as dangerous as JWs. How a Mormon got as far as he has I just don't know. But I definitely think we should hold his religion against him. I mean, can we really have a president who believes J. Smith found gold plates and translated them through the urim and thumim? I think everyone should watch the South Park episode on Mormons. The creators of South Park actually were Mormons at some point apparently.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A "JW Reverend"???..LOL!!..Who ever wrote this,didn`t do their homework....."That dog won`t hunt!"..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• choosing life
    choosing life

Romney has risen as far as he has because he has tons of money. Unfortunately, the election of a president in this great democrasy can only be achieved with lots and lots of money.

This article cannot be ligitimate.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Was the term " JW Reverend" used by a journalist who is unaware that the WTS does not use these titles? I often see where the JW's "church" has come under fire or whatever, said by the writer of the article, but (obviously) not said directly by those they might have interviewed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This has to be checked out more because it certainly isn't beyond the WTS to cooperate with those it calls agents of Babylon the Great and Satan, in order to protect or support its financial interests.

It has already done so with Jim Swaggart and later with several other unsavoury cultic groups in Europe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit