Do "Apostates/ex-jws" picket their "new" churches if they disagree?

by booker-t 25 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    A good scenario would be a battered wife that spent years with an abusive husband and finally leaves. She meets another man and after so much time gets into a relationship with him. But when he becomes a abusive husband she will usually keep quiet because people will start looking at her as the "problem" not her husbands/boyfriends. Apostates/ex-jws are exactly the same way. Nobody put a gun to their heads and made them believe in all of the stuff the WT taught them. I think that is why many stay in a cycle of anger. They are more mad at themselves but it is easier to blame the big bad WT.

Not sure which side of the aisle you're coming from, but you seem unable to see the trees for the forest. Do you realize how many JWs were born into this insane version of reality? Thereby, not really having any choice until they reached an age of maturity? And that many life-choices were, by then, moot - like education, occupation, vocation, marriage, mates, beliefs, and self-knowledge? Your view is extremely uncompassionate and narrow.

Also, you are clearly uninformed about domestic violence. The majority of battered women don't stay in an abusive relationship because they fear what other people will think. They stay because (1) they are convinced that this is what they 'deserve' and (2) that they will be hunted down by their abuser no matter where they go.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    BOOKER T......... please remove your head from your ass.

Either you have never been a dub or you just dont understand what the WT is. im curious.... whats your story that you would make those ignorant statements.. id really like to know.

It seems that when a JW's becomes disgruntle and leaves the WT society they accept anything the churches tell them. It seems like that don't want to make waves or that they feel that they cannot take being deceived by another church

churches are like night and day from the jws.... reason is when they are wrong they ADMIT it, they also dont reguire blind obedience........ if you dont agree with something or dont understand it ....... you can speak to them all the way up to the senior pastor untill your questions are answered from the bible.

in a REAL church the flock elects the elders and the pastor........ which is how it should be. not the way the jws do it where some old bastards in new york approve who the elders elect themselves. you ever see someone made an elder who YOU KNOW isnt worthy..... who cheats on his wife or is a alcholic. happens every day.

A good scenario would be a battered wife that spent years with an abusive husband and finally leaves. She meets another man and after so much time gets into a relationship with him. But when he becomes a abusive husband she will usually keep quiet because people will start looking at her as the "problem" not her husbands/boyfriends. Apostates/ex-jws are exactly the same way. Nobody put a gun to their heads and made them believe in all of the stuff the WT taught them

im gonna venture a guess right here and now.......... youve never been in that organization....... to make such an ignorant statement.

the wt dosent put a gun to the heads of the flock......... they dont need to......... through mind control they force the flock to put the gun there itself.

you cant question their decisions........ you cant get elders or higher officals removed. they will kick you out if you start a seconds worth of trouble. they will discredit anything you say about them thats negative and they will make you feel like other witnesses are doing things right but your the screw up.......... there standard answer is ............ wait on jehovah because the problem lies with you.

as a former jw i was abused...... forced to do things that i didnt want to and lied to the entire time. once they kick you out then they make sure that it looks like your the PROBLEM. what they dont understand is........... i dont have to keep QUITE about it anymore. the other religions out there dont force you to not say a word about them... if you disagree you can stand up in the middle of sunday service and shout it out.

the jws are supposed to be a religion and according to their own horse s*** they are the ONLY religion........... and then when you finally are able to break free of their conditioning....... and realize you have been lied to about EVERYTHING...... then you question EVERYTHING you hear in a church from then on out.

dont know what your background is or what your problem is but if you havent been inside...... your ignorant...... be thankfull that you are cause if you were a dub and forced to swallow their bulls*** you would be damaged and angry.

BUT you wouldnt let it happen to you again and you wouldnt be quiet about it again.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Interestingly, despite your allegations, most her have never picketed against the Society. Most are simply looking to capture some kind of existence after all the lies they have held as truth were dessimated.

Most do not feel a need to picket the JW's or anything else that lied to them. Otherwise you would see 40,000 per year with picket signs. So your premise is faulty from the outset.

People have been controlled lied to and deceived and are trying to cope with that as best they can. Contrary to Society-Think, most former JW's just want to enjoy what they have left in their lives and the Society is a meaningless entity. When one leaves the Borg they do not become sex crazed drug addicts amoral in their behaviour. Most maintain the moral standards but forego the religious bindings of Pharisees (aka the Watchtower Society).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was wondering though if an "Apostate/ex-jws" found disagreement or scandal in their new church would they picket or get on the internet or get on TV warning people about the Christian church? I can answer that question with one word NO.

I think the bible and religion is a bunch of baloney but I'm not really warning anybody not to read the bible.

How else would they know that the bible is full of baloney unless they read it? I wouldnt want them to take my word for it.

But remember its called the Godsspell so when you read it it will suck you in till you get strong enough to free yourself from its spell.

And the churches I've been to since being a witness all want money and every week they find themselves in a calamity that my money can help solve.

I'll warn you that your baptist and bible thumpers and moral majority are the people that gave us the slime ball we now have residing in the oval office.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Nutters will always be nutters, regardless if they're still in the nutshell.

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen

I'm not the picketing type. As a witness I always got a kick out of the "apostates" picketing and making a scene. It actually strengthened my faith as a JW since it seemed to confirm the idea that JWs who left generally went nuts and became sorry shells of their former selves. I'll never forget the morons who came into the Memorial and when the wine was passed around they stood up, quoted a bible verse, took a swig then walked out front and blocked the driveway so the next congregation couldn't get into the parking lot. The last thing I remember was the cops showing up to arrest them. No, I think there are much more constructive methods. And as far as trusting what other churches say--the day I knew that JWs didn't have the "truth" was the day I knew that no religion did.

• carla
    carla

Churches do not insist you agree with them. Churches do not hold your family hostage. Churches generally do not insist on suicide or killing family members with unbiblical blood policies. Many churches have a policy where if you have a child being sexually abused they will insist you go to the police. The ex jw's and those who help to picket are frustrated by lack of media coverage and this is one way they may get some. Picketing is not for everybody and should be done without blocking driveways or other illegal ways. It's not for everybody but I understand why they do it. I would think it would take terrific courage for an exjw to put themself out there in such a public way where their friends and family will see how very 'apostate' they have become.

Was it Reed or Rhodes (?) that saw picketers with his wife and agreed they should read the bible more as a sign said 'read the bible not the watchtowers' and eventually left because he & his wife started reading the bible more and discovered it did not match the wt version.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I picketed to get the notice of the news media and get issues on the 6:00 news and next days paper (which I have achieved) back when there was no internet.

Know this...thousands of passerby's would honk horns and cheer me the only ones who don't understand and mock are a handfulof JW's inside the hall

• brinjen
    brinjen

Jehovah's Witnesses are not a religion, they are a cult. There is no comparison between the two.

Not all ex-jw's join a religion, many do not.

Religions do not expect you to devote your whole life to them, shun your family members and die for rules decided by a committee. They are also learning from their lessons regarding the child abuse scandals. They do not silence their victims through court appointed gag orders. They do not tell you what you are going to believe, they actually allow personal interpretation. They do not prevent their members from making friends outside the church, you can even have a social life.

Everyone deals with their pain the best way they know how. That's all anyone can do.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What OUTLAW said.

Many of us had no choice.

My indoctrination began while I was still in the womb.

Those that entered later in life were victims too for a variety of reasons.

Some were "reached" by the cult at especially vulnerable moments in their lives.

Others were simply taken in by the lies.

No more religions or churches for me.

No picketing either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit