SURVEY: Who Believes In "God"?

by minimus 100 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

Fools and Idiots. (ducks to avoid thrown objects.)

Philip

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yes

Became a Christian after leaving JW's.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I was going to comment, but eclipse put it so succinctly... I'll just say I agree with her thinking on this.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "The Bible is a fairy tale, God is Goldilocks" Sheep Class)

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I believe conciousness has a common source life energy has a common source without purpose ALL things would cease Inanimate material as well as animate material have a purpose in the very composition of their atoms that define what form they have be it as a stone tree or animal, that purpose of being, that unknown instruction to be something comes from a common source I believe that to be God the source of all things is God .

Weather or not God is aware of us is questionable but there is indeed a source from which all of creation springs that is my God

• JH
    JH

Yeus, I do.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Does anyone believe in Homerovah, the creator of the universe and credited for starting the most popular TV show of all time

and yes I can see you type your reply ............I'm watching

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No

Except for the god of Phil 3:19

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Even Satanists who believe in the existence of other metaphysical beings do not worship them. They still believe that it is our actions while we are here on Earth which ultimately determine our ability to 'be' something, not how much we can masochistically sacrifice to a higher being. Most forms of "knowledge" that we acquire are either a priori or a posteriori. Since there is no way that we can identify where the origins of life began, if someone/thing created them, or if someone/thing did create them, it did so with a specific purpose, we can safely say that the most important thing to concentrate on is the fact that we're here.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Define God. What is it? What it isn't. What does it look like, act like, feel like. You have to get concensus on this before you can even have a conversation on whether you believe in God because we all have different ideas of what God is. Two people believe in God, one believe that they are God themselves, another believe that God is an invisble superman with a beard AND CLOTHES according to the WT. The one who believes in Jah tells the one who believes they ARE God that they do not really believe in God at all.

It's like this:

Do you believe in x?

Sure, but I believe that x is really y, and not x at all. x doesn't exist, but y does, yet I believe in x, I just don't believe that x is x.

I believe in God, but I believe that God is me, and God is you. God (invisible superman) does not exist, but God (me and you) exists.
    God=me and you, God does not=invisible mute superman.

A=x=God=invisible mute superman=Jesus... believes in x
    B=y=x=you and me=God... yes, also believes in x, but believes totally different from A. B does not equal A.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Not me!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit