Yoga anyone?

by changeling 27 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I forgot one VERY AWESOME benefit to Yoga. For anyone who finds it hard to sit and relax for a few moments, e.g. someone with ADHD or ADD, Yoga can help them even if only for a 15 min. - half hour time.

LINDA

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

Two years ago I began taking a Yoga/Pilates fusion class once a week for an hour. It's amazing how great you feel when you walk out of there---refreshed and re-energized.

The Pilates is such a great ab workout...and mixed with the Yoga it becomes a perfectly balanced hour that is just for ME. I wouldn't give it up for anything!!

LIG

• Open mind
    Open mind

That was beautiful changeling.

I think you've sold me.

Even though we all know it's not for "True Christians" (tm).

Open Mind

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Nice essay Changeling! You write so beautifully!

Reading this made me think of a something that happened to me a couple of years ago. It was a couple of years after I left home. We were living in a commune and some of the housemates and I started going to an evening meditation class... it was great, so good for the soul! Anyways, at a family gathering at around the same time, I was chatting to one of my "worldly"cousins and saying how great the meditation classes were etc and my sister overheard this conversation and reported this to my mother who then promptly called me aside to let me know how upset she was to hear I was attending such dangerous classes and what next, will I tell her that I was doing yoga and did I not realise that I was opening my mind and body up to them dastardly demons...

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think Challenging should be a writer.

Skeeter

• Namaste
    Namaste

Changeling, I keep coming back to read your first post. It is so refreshing!

I've done yoga for years, but have neglected it a bit (okay, a lot) in the past year and half. Been focused on the "being mommy" stuff rather than "taking care of mommy." I have needs too!

I just looked up the class schedule of my favorite studio a few days ago and I'm determined to go this weekend.

For those of you that are worried about time commitment, don't be. I've told people for a long time, that if you go to a class once a week you will notice the benefits. Add a little more at home and you'll be even happier.

My favorite combo is 2 classes a week and some practice time at home. Just ask my husband, I am a whole different woman when I am doing yoga regularly.

And if you are pregnant....get yourself to a prenatal yoga class pronto, you won't regret it!

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I could have written this post myself.

I tried Yoga for the first time last weekend (on a Saturday morning-yay for no more service!!) and it was WONDERFUL.

I had this energy afterwards that was just so wonderful, yet I felt so at peace.

I'm going again tmw

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I never tried yoga. But I remember my first 10 years out of the orgainization that I would do sylva mind control and self hypnotism to reprogram my brain and have periods of not thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit