ATTN: Sign Language Jezebels! Get those hats back on! (BOE letter)

by BFD 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

As far as sign language style used at the Khall, or anywhere else for that matter, it is supposed to be the kind the deaf person understands best. That is the professional way to interpret. I have to admit, the best sign language I have ever seen was on the ASL DVD's the society put out for the literature. It is amazingly professionally done.

BTW, translation is from one oral language to another written language or from one language on paper to another on paper. Person to person languag-ing is interpreting.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Hey you stud muffins in bethel. I bet you get off on that submission thing.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Back in the 80s I was told I could not teach sigh language to any brother. They let me teach them until a couple could "sort of" interpret. They the brothers got to teach the brothers while I carried on teaching the sisters.

Lady Lee

Just when I thought I'd heard everything. How is teaching sign language to men "spiritual instruction" of any sort? Also, I'll bet when they went to school, the teachers were women.

Talk about straining out the gnat and swallowing the camel!! They just can't stand not being "in control" at all times.......

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I would love to see the actual letter. I wonder if the women who occasionally are used in the ASL DVD's produced by the Society will now wear head coverings?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    if a sister is used to interpret any of the program talks, she is to wear a "modest and appropriate head covering as a sign of submission

What in heaven's name is a modest head covering supposed to look like?

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

How's this for modest? LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lord almighty, when the wife climbs on top of me tonight and insists on the "woman on top position" I will insist she waers a modest head covering

• loosie
    loosie

lol Skully do you mind if I use that as my signature tag line.lol

I think it would be funny if an sign language interpreter would dress in menonite attire to interpret her part. that would be hilarious.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I think it would be funny if an sign language interpreter would dress in menonite attire to interpret her part. that would be hilarious.

Well, of course it would. But it's an old shtick. Halloween stuff.

And, lest you forget - Hee-Joober Witnooses are forbidden to have the senses of hoo-mor.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    It appears that there are two groups of intrepreters. One who use a certain 'style' of words when translating - which is considered 'worldy' by the second group of intrepreters - who use 'christian' or 'jw-like' signs.

ROTFLMAO!!! Fcking idiots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit