Writing private letters to the Society.

by spectromize 77 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Waiting,

How horrible for both you and your daughter. **HUGS****

I believe that Jehovah will definitely hear your prayers. He loves ALL His children, and He understands the horror your daughter has been through. Whether or not it is acceptable to men, I will include your daughter in MY prayers...and you, also.

• Seven
    Seven

waiting, Keep up the faith sister. You and your daughter have been terribly wronged. I am sure this has not gone unnoticed by Jehovah. I will remember you both in prayer. 7of9
    --------------------------------------------------
    Woe to You,scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men's bones and of every sort of uncleanness. Matt.23:27

Serpents, offspring of vipers, how are You to flee
    from the judgment of Gehenna? Matt. 23:33

• waiting
    waiting

I'm always surprised and dismayed when I read what I write about myself. This situation is only part of a continuing thread of what could be considered a lousy life.

But it's not a lousy life, only lousy things happen to us all, and then we get on with life - and try not to think too hard.

I appreciate your friendly comments - I haven't talked for a long time about such things. They really aren't that uncommon among people - we just don't talk about them - for the good of the congregation, etc. The downside to that encouragement, which I've been the recipient of at least a half dozen times in extremely serious situations, is that if we're quiet - the next guy or child is a sitting duck. But I guess they'll be told to be quiet also, and so the cycle continues.

That argument - be quiet for the good of the (whatever), by the way, is the same argument that families, etc. use to keep child molesters unknown. I also know this because I, like many others, was severly abused by my father & his friends. My mother always preached to us: "what goes on behind these 4 walls (our house) doesn't leave here." It didn't leave, and my father abused me for 2 decades, my brother for 12 years (the same one who sodomized my daughter), and abused my daughter as an infant.

Sad to say, I had no memory of my father's abuse until my mother died, which was long after my daughter was grown and a victim in her own right.

I've been through years of bad & good therepy, no longer taking anti-depressants, and enjoy much about my life. People are resilient - God is good after all.

Back to letter writing to the Society - I did write another 133 page letter about buying our local Kingdom Hall from our body of elders and being cheated, swindled, and lied to (Insight Book style.)

But that's for another time - my husband and I are still waiting to hear from them, it's been a year.

Thanks again for your words of comfort.

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear Waiting,

You are not the only one, I've just posted my experience. Take courage you'll find many understand.

• waiting
    waiting

TO ALL THE FRIENDS WHO POST ON THIS FORUM:

Congratulations, we are now linked to H20 by the "kindness" of Jeffery Schwehm and an unspecified Guest. This means that anyone who reads a specific post entitled "Topic Removed" posted by Guest - can be immediately linked to this post - right here.

It would seem others like our honesty and outspokenness to the point that they feel justified in "pulling" or taking our posts to where ever they feel like it. I didn't realize that others had that capability. Sorry for the intrusion of what we mistaken considered privacy of some sort. Even in this forum, we are still part of the internet - as such - we have no privacy.

Please go to the Main Topic under OTHERS CAN TAKE OUR POSTS for further information. Good bye.

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Waiting
    I've removed your post as requested.
    Let me know if you'd like to replace it with a more edited version.

• waiting
    waiting

Simon, I think I'll take a breather right now - been a busy 24 hours. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.

For anyone and everyone to see - your a good guy.

• Friend
    Friend

spectromize said:

The reason I bring this out is that newer brothers or sisters don't know that every time you write the society the society sends a copy of your letter to your local cong. elders.

That is a preposterous comment. Only occasionally does the Society copy elders on personal letters received by local publishers. The idea that the Society copies local elders "every time" manifests ignorance of the huge load of such mail the Society receives each day. They do not have the time, inclination or resources to copy local elders each time a publishers writes them with some personal matter.

Friend

Edited by - Friend on 2 June 2000 22:22:13

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Only occasionally? Not likely. I don't think they spend much time considering which ones should receive Brooklyn's attention and which ones should be copied and sent to the local congregation.

From a business (yes, business) standpoint, it would be much more expedient to just ship the problem out to the local constabulary and let them handle it.

I truly doubt that many concerned publishers receive personal replies from Brooklyn. Or are you saying that the ones that don't get routed to the local congregation simply get trashed? Now THAT scenario sounds fairly realistic.

• Friend
    Friend

RedhorseWoman

Only occasionally? Not likely. I don't think they spend much time considering which ones should receive Brooklyn's attention and which ones should be copied and sent to the local congregation.

From a business (yes, business) standpoint, it would be much more expedient to just ship the problem out to the local constabulary and let them handle it.

That ideology is fairly prevalent on this thread. Problem is, no one has offered any compelling evidence to that effect. That an individual has knowledge that local elders were copied on a personal correspondence is not evidence that every such letter is copied.

I truly doubt that many concerned publishers receive personal replies from Brooklyn. Or are you saying that the ones that don't get routed to the local congregation simply get trashed? Now THAT scenario sounds fairly realistic.

With that comment you betray your own inexperience. Those who have written respectful letters to the Society know that they do likewise respectfully receive personally replies. Only occasionally does the Society copy letters to local elders. In my decades of working as an elder I have only seen local bodies copied occasionally regarding personal correspondence. In those cases there was some compelling reason for the copy.

As a policy the Society only chooses not to reply to anonymous letters received. Sometimes they will fail to respond to an endorsed letter because of circumstance. For instance, if a personal letter repeats the same question that has already been replied to toward the same individual then they may not respond at all.

Friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit