Girl Fluff....your favorite makeup?

by restrangled 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wore makeup many years ago (Clinique brand), but eventually I decided I didn't like it, didn't need it, and preferred the au natural look. But now I'm starting to get a few of those wrinkles and bought some in January (Clinique brand again) because I was going to a wedding. Haven't needed to use it since tho.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I just started using Mary Kay - I love it. The makeup goes on smooth and blends well. I don't like to look "made up" like a manaquin. It's a bit expensive but I think well worth it and not much more expensive than some of the name brands on the market.

That is unless you use the "beauty store" cheapo stuff, like I use to

nj

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    and preferred the au natural look

That's because you are so pretty as a fresh faced chick, Leolaia!!!

• free2think
    free2think

Foundation: MAC matte finish

Mascara: Maybelline Great Lash

Lipstick: body shop lip balm truly strawberry, and bobby brown Roseberry lipstick

Round my eyes: YSL radiant touch

Thats it.

• Clam
    Clam

Ladies.

Plucking all of your eye brows out and then drawing them back onto your face with a pencil. What's that all about?

• BFD
    BFD

After reading this thread one thought I had is all this stuff necessary? So I googled and see that make-up really can make a huge difference...

Amazing!

BFD

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

I had my eyes fixed (lasik) about 2 years ago and threw out all my makeup so I didn't inadvertently reinfect my vulnerable eyes.

I also had to relearn how to apply my make up since I no longer had to compensate for thick lenses.

I swear by Revlon lipstick.

I used maybelline mascara and covergirl concealer. I love eye shadows and usually buy Maybelline unless i fall in love with a colour from another line.

When I turned 30 I started using a moisturizer with an spf to try and stall the aging process that is starting to run rough shod over my face.

I would really like to find a under eye puffiness reducer. I used to use one from Avon but i find it too sticky.

Bobbi

• Soledad
    Soledad

I switch brands around a lot as far as powder/foundation, to this day I cant find a good match for my skin tone or skin type, regardless if I shop at Clinique or at CVS. I have a combination oily/dry acne prone skin so it makes it hard, and then even when I find the right formula, I could never quite find the right shade for my tone I'm sure our ethnic ladies here can relate to this. Major cosmetic manufacturers seem to always overlook us "coloured" gals.

Just a couple of weeks ago I purchased Maybelline pure makeup which is more like a tinted moisturizer, in caramel. So far its the only formula and shade that has matched my color and type to near perfection. Hopefully they won't discontinue the line!

Two items that I have purchased over and over again throughout the years and never go without: great lash mascara and Revlon super lustrous lipstick in raisin rage.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I use everything Estee Lauder. The make up makes people look at me and say "Wow, I never could get my make-up to look like that" ... and it is really not that hard.

I do take a break from it when I'm not going anywhere special. I still use the Estee Lauder stuff but use Almay's powder foundation.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wear eyeliner, mascara, blusher, and colorless Blistex. I wear make up about twice a week. Not very obsessed with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit