MY DAD MIGHT DIE DUE TO THE 'NO BLOOD' DOCTRINE

by Mary 153 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Mary, my thoughts are with you; things sound better for your father. I'm so sorry for your trouble.

Don't jump to medical conclusions you're not qualified to make Mary; and even if the medication turned out to be causative, it was a mistake. Don't be too hard on yourself.

• Es
    Es

Big big hugs hun, pls dont blame yourself.

You and your family are constantly in my thoughts

es

• delilah
    delilah

I probably won't say this often but.. Listen to Deliliah! {{{Mary}}}

Uzzah

LOL.....I don't often give very good advice, but I thought this was !!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Mary

Uzzah and Delilah are right... the aspirin did not create your dad's ulcer. Stress causes ulcers, aspirin does not. ASA, like Uzzah mentioned, interferes with the blood clotting process, but it does not cause bleeding ulcers.

How much would you like to bet that the stress in your dad's life is JW related? How much time does your dad spend going to meetings, getting ready for meetings, reading the literature, going door-to-door, preparing talks and presentations, worrying about what The Friends™ are thinking of him and whether he's really doing everything he can, with Armageddon™ being Right Around The Corner™? Chronic stress is most definitely high on the list of suspects in developing an ulcer. Between stress related illness and depression, it's amazing that the average JW can function at all anymore.

Don't beat yourself up, sweetie. He's going to be OK, and maybe, just maybe, this will end up being a defining moment for your dad. Maybe it will make him think about how he was prepared to die a martyr's death for the WTS, and maybe he will come to resent the fact that the WTS would never make a similar sacrifice on his behalf. Maybe it will get him to realize just how dangerous the no blood doctrine really is. That may never have had a chance of happening without the chain of events that was set in motion with him taking the Robaxacet.

Take good care of yourself... you need to be in top form in order to help look after your dad.

We love ya.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Mary,

Don't beat yourself over a mistake. We all say & do things, that we later regret. It's just human error. It's your intent that counts. Your intent was to help your father.

My wishes & heart goes out to you.

Skeeter

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mary,

(((HUGS)))!!! I haven't been on regularly for a while and missed this thread! I am so sorry about your Dad!! My thoughts and prayers are with you both!! Try not to blame yourself, there is nothing you can do to change what has happened. When you start to have negative guilty thoughts, try and push them away. He needs you right now, and if he knew you were haunted with guilt, he would no doubt start stressing about you. Hang in there dear!! We are here for you!! How is his count today?? We will keep praying!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Mary
    Mary

Once again, thank you everyone for your support in this. Dad's blood count is at 65 now, which is still half of what it should be, but it looks like he's going to pull through this. He's (naturally) very tired but he's able to get out of bed and walk around a bit (assisted) and can eat the soft, mushy food like jello, soup, etc.

Still not one stinking visit from the elders. How very nice of them eh? I'm just bowled over by the amount of agape love I see coming from The Chosen Ones towards a fellow believer. However, one of my friends at work told me that they said a prayer for my dad at church on Sunday and another friend of mine (who is an Orthodox Jew) told me he would say a prayer for my dad at the Synogogue tonight. Neither of these people have even met my dad yet they've shown more concern than the 'Happiest People on Earth'.

What a big surprise.......

I'm very tired but am starting to get more sleep now. My parents haven't said anything about him getting the plasma and I'm sure they have no intention of telling the elders either. What a shame that they won't get to sit in judgement on them for accepting a 'banned' life-saving procedure eh?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm so glad your dad is getting better. Maybe when all the dust settles and he's back to normal, your parents may begin to realize how uncaring thier jw "friends" really are.

You're in my thoughts, Mary... take care of yourself too!

Coffee

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Glad to hear that your father is doing better. Thoughts are with you & your family.

Skeeter

• journey-on
    journey-on

Mary, so glad your Dad is regaining his strength. Hope you are keeping your spirits up, too.

It's hard to believe his congregation's elders haven't been to see him. What does your mom

have to say about that? Is she making excuses for them? This may be the very thing that

opens her eyes, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit