How long will Watchtower last??

by chuckyy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi. How long do you estimate that the watchtower Org. will last??? Until the next failed prophecy?, or will it go on until armageddon ( only kidding)???

CHUKKY

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

In one form or another for some time to come, but the glory days are gone. The towers nemisis - the internet is too powerful.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

As long as there are people who want to be lead along without the need or desire to think for themselves

• JH
    JH

They will last as long as people show up at the Kingdom Hall, and accept to be spiritually manipulated in believing that they "alone" have the truth.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will last until too many people wake up and start thinking on their own. At this point, there will be that core of people that will be hard core, and they will not be able to recruit anyone. Which means their children will have to be banned from going to school, the adults from going to work, and they will be stuck on mindless busywork that involves no two-way contact with the world. This will also force them into locking in members that are still there so they cannot escape, and keeping outsiders out so they cannot contaminate the organization.

From there, it's only a matter of time before the money runs out. They will not be able to work, so the source of money will be cut off. Once that happens, either they are going to disband or there is going to be mass exodus into the wilderness where they will have to start their own nation (which will not be able to compete with worldly nations). For all intents and purposes, they will then be gone.

• Rooster
    Rooster

It will last until its founding father "Satan" pulls the plug!

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I think it will last as long as any other church will. In other words, they think the governments will shut all churches down and ONLY theirs will remain standing. *Idon'tthinkso* If the governments never intervene *hope* I think the only way the WTBTS will fall apart is when all their members see the REAL light and get out.

LINDA

• oompa
    oompa

July 17, 2084 at 6:66 pm exactly.

did the research so you don't have to......oompa

• Dansk
    Dansk

All the old "anointed" GB are dying off and are having to be replaced by younger "none-anointed" assistants. As has been stated, the internet is Watchtower's greatest enemy and younger ones have realised the religion of their parents is full of baloney. All that will remain are old dyed-in-the-wool JWs who feel there is no-where else to go and young men who love a power trip (i.e. elders).

Therefore, Watchtower's continuation in its present form is unrealistic and the fact that this site has over 28,000 subscribers is a good indication of just what the society has lost and is continuing to lose. There isn't a single person in my neighbourhood (apart from the elder and his wife who live on the corner) who is interested in JWs. They barely ever come down my street now - usually once a year when there is a COs visit, so they are struggling (they even had to amalgamate with another kingdom hall they lost so many members).

Watchtower is on its last legs, I'm very happy to say!

Ian

• Batty
    Batty

While have dumb people, will be smarts ones. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The Tower is a great faith company, nothing more...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit