Observation on Things Not said.

by Sparkplug 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

edited to add Greendawn

This is similar to the saying "one can sin by ommission and not by commission alone." Many times what one doesn't say means more than many words uttered.

Sorry I did not comment. I saw what Lisa posted and was so worried bout how it may have made my topic look when I did not expand enough...that I forgot to adress everyone. I usually try to. Sorry bout that. Soo. Greendawn, I agree, I really can get on a whole thread on the topic of sin by omission, So maybe that will be the next topic started. (Maybe) I also think this can start a REALLY heated debate. lol I am one of those people that really gets PO when someones leaves crap out of a story, or conveniently forgets to even tell me about something they know I really would not appreciate. Let me see if I can come up with a good and example. Here is a good topic. Girls and guys being friends. My ex had a friend since childhood. I had heard of her. Cool. One would think if they were back in contact and it was a good friendship that I would know about it. I would have no problem with it. Would love to be frinds with her also. But if they contacted each other all the time and I never even knew they had contact once. I would say something was fishy. Was it a sin? Maybe not...Was it something that had I known about the HIDDEN (ommitted contact) I would have changed my path I was on with him sooner? Oh yeah because I feel it is dishonest. I could make it more cut and dry and just call out a straight up sin, but if you knowingly withhold information from someone that you know they feel stongly about and would take action for themself about...I would say that is a sin by omission. (guess I should have put this in earlier...3 marriages trashed by this "little ommission" later being a big part, he is finally with his hidden friend and I truly am happy for him. I just wonder why all the secrecy. Dont take up peoples lives and time like that)

Then sweetstuff~You stumped me from the beginning. I was a bit groggy when I started the post and for the life of me I could not figure out what you were getting at...so I paused...and paused and even after a whole day, I came up with a bunch of scenarios and well I guess I have not had enough contact with you to know where you are coming from. So I still have to pause for more and just ask for clarification. So sorry hon!

Shutterbug~ You big silly. After Sixy's explaination...I can see it, but really silly, I would never do something like that. It is not in my nature to beat around the bush. And I am so happy that you all congrats on me...I know Xena's and Rosses went on for Months. So I would not really even pay attention to that. I figure there may be a few people have to wrap thier minds around it anyways. So come give me a big old hug!!! I realy am realisticaly happy. I am not a guilt trip person. I am not even good at it on my kids. If I need to make them aware of what they may have done by the actions they have taken, It is more in the sense of trying to make them become a balanced person. I get no satisfaction in guilt or revenge. Even justice is sad for me. Good, but sad. Really justice helps, but at what cost. I know TMI...so I will shut up now. And say Good Morning! Lots of Love!!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I, for one sometimes feel incredibly intimidated by the wise and witty people on this board ande feel that my two cents might be worth nothing!

This isn't the borg, your two cents are worth a million!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Now for everyone that stayed quiet~ Very funny...

Even when people say nothing, if they have looked at the thread, they might very well take something valuable away from it.

I, for one sometimes feel incredibly intimidated by the wise and witty people on this board ande feel that my two cents might be worth nothing!

Dont let the wit fool you hon. Your two cents are always needed. ALWAYS. That may just be what the witty ones need to balance out thier personalities. You know? We all need balance. I know I do. Look at my silly but trying to post before work. Ding! JH~ No that was Six..Just ask him! I think he is getting married and is letting it all out. The foof'in'est Love you six.. mean it!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

This isn't the borg, your two cents are worth a million!

good catch girl! I was posting it at the exact time as you! Twinkies!!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Or one thing is said and what's unsaid speaks volumes. Got to agree with you there girl.

Going to try to clarify what I meant....sorry I confuffled ya Sparky, I didn't explain very clearly, I plead brainfart.

I was referring to how one can say something which can be taken in more than one way, a positive way or a negative way.

i.e. Someone commenting on a post say... where the OP says they got a huge raise at work- Wow, I wish I was as lucky as you, could be a geniune comment, or it could be sarcastic, perhaps leaving the op scratching their head wondering exactly which way it was meant depending on their 'relationship' with the poster.

Congrats, I wish I was as lucky as you.

or

Congrats, I wish I was as lucky as you.

The emotes can speak volumes in and of themselves. But if a poster didn't use an emote, it can leave alot to be interpreted how you choose to. If you know a poster's posting style is rather "sarcastic" and they say something along those lines, you might assume correctly or incorrectly, that the unsaid spoke volumes.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    good catch girl! I was posting it at the exact time as you! Twinkies!!

Great minds think alike, but then so do feeble ones...which are we??

GREAT DAMMIT!!! Good Morning!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Ah and Lisa, I am sure there are a few people that will recover and get on board in a bit. (No pun intended) They will just have to pick up with bachelor number two. There are still a lot of good men left on JWD. I just happened to take the one I love the absolute best. Let the flirting resume (starting with bachelor number two) and may you catch the bouquet!

Edited to add: Six says your married so duck if the bouquet comes at you. Oh and he blushed!

what this wasn't about me?

Yep...I'm married. Doesn't mean I'm blind.

lisa

extra emotions added for emphasis.

• JK666
    JK666

Sparkplug,

People only say what they can. Feelings are very difficult to verballize.

JK

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Shhhhhhhh.........haven't you heard silence is golden?

I'm in the down side of my life, the Golden Years, over the hill and it just goes faster on this side, believe me. Why it seems like yesterday I was ringing in the New Year....the Millenium one.......sigh.

I'm quiet these days because I just want/need to soak up the now, it's so fleeting and all this other BS is just so not where I'm at. I have a need to listen quietly and enjoy the moments because I find I can hardly remember these moments and yesterday is so loud with all the woulda, coulda, shoulda that is never to be. What is is now and that's where I'm striving to be, in the now.

So I observe quietly with a whisper I speak so as not to disturb my concentration on today, this minute this time which is so fleeting.

Life is for the young, you have so much ahead of you and I wish you and yours all the best life has to offer and that's not just to you Sparky and Sixy but to everyone. We all deserve it, we are after all survivors of a cult.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from TheBiggestLie recently? Last I heard he was going to send a letter to his family and then he dropped off the face of the internet.

Did anybody find anything on this?

And

what this wasn't about me?

Yep...I'm married. Doesn't mean I'm blind.

lisa

extra emotions added for emphasis.

Sparkplug,

People only say what they can. Feelings are very difficult to verballize.

JK

You know slowly I learn that. Slowly. I think being with a man of little and very well thought out and deliberate words is teaching it to me.

So I observe quietly with a whisper I speak so as not to disturb my concentration on today, this minute this time which is so fleeting.

Nicely put.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit