How Many Have Written a Book? Or Are Considering it?

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I have one novel finished - it's an adventure/mystery, and two more with the same main character started and outlined. I put it on the shelf five years ago when I started writing for my paper full time. I got about 1/3 of it through a final rewrite a few years ago, just before my life went insane, but have started again. My plan is to have it out to some agents by the end of the year.

I've written one children's book which is now with a very successful illustrator who has several books published, and he's collaborating with me on it.

I have two other novels well underway. One is a satirical look at a man leaving a fictional religion that is very, very, very similar to JWs.

The other I started this year is about a mid-30s man who, after losing his family in a terrible accident, decides to go to college and finds personal peace and salvation through basketball, the zen of a near-perfect outside 3-point shot, and a handful of odd characters he meets there. I'll be working on that during the upcoming BBall season!

My problem is that it's hard to come home and do any serious writing after spending all day writing and editing, combined with a super busy schedule. But I'm really keeping at it now.

Changeling is a good writer. She sent me a few essays. Very nice!

S4

• tula
    tula

I thought about it.. telling it all...Names, dates, times and places.

But then, I realized I could make more money by Not publishing it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have written a chapter in a book

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Another aspiring author here. I have one about the Second Coming, but told from the viewpoint of atheists. I have worked on several drafts. Planning to start again soon.

IsaacJ

• Open mind
    Open mind

As for books in general, no. I don't see myself as particularly gifted in that area, nor do I have a compelling urge to create the Great American Novel.

If I thought that there was something in my JW experience that was extremely unique I would probably give it some serious consideration. (Example: GB member, District Overseer, Circuit Overseer, HLC member, etc.) But having done a lot of reading here, I realize that my story, while somehat painful, is very generic. Definitely not as painful as many others.

I think I'll stick to short, cathartic essays for now and eventually move on to golf. (BTW, how's your golf game coming along Jeff?)

Open Mind

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

1 e-book of my poetry that I had on an e-book website

edited 3 books (1 cookbook and two fiction)

edited and written 2 more cookbooks Food at the Proper Time and Food in Due Season

working on another poetry book as well as my autobiography

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Saving notes and experiences that I hope to publish someday. This might include some JW stuff but will essentially be a book of all the funny stuff I've observed and done in my 60+ years. A lot of funny stories!

The price will be $129.00 per copy and it will be worth it! (at least to me, for I could use the money)

Outaservice

• tula
    tula

Fun to write, hard to publish.

"My name is Warren Grubber, I'm fourteen years old, and I burned down the Kingdom Hall."

http://mysite.verizon.net/sgswain

I am reading this now! What a hoot. You all will LOVE this.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Do stage plays count?

I've written 2 full-length (both produced) and 4 one acts (one produced). I really miss the theatre, but there's no money in it... unless your name is Mamet.

Bryan

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Someone here said they were writing about How to fade. I thought that was the coolest idea I have heard. I hope he, whoever it was, finishes it, or I might try myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit