JW's to be glorified at Holocaust event

by Apostate Kate2 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    We are NOT Anti-Semitic. Never have been

Yea, just like JW's were never bigoted towards the "colored" bro's during that same era of Judge Rutherford's reign. We are talking about the Holocaust- an historical event and this letter shows the underlying anti-semitic attitude of the WT leaders. I don't knpw what the feelings are today of the Governing Body, seing as how they hide in NYC and never submit to interviews or questions from the outside.

a WT gem from 1929-

"It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, 'Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren,' he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world." (The Golden Age, July 24, 1929, p. 702)

You are studying an illusion of the truth with JW's.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Harleau: the president of the Jehovah Witness Org, Joseph Rutherford was anti-semitic. I believe that he speaks ill of Jews in his book Enemies (which I have-but can't find at the moment-but I will look for it if you want) You say that we (on JWD) believe everything that we read which isn't true for many of us. You speak of reading the bible but my understanding is that most witnesses do little reading of the bible but instead read Watchtower literature. Didn't Russell say that if an individual read only the bible he would be lost; that reading Watchtower literature was equal to reading the bible. Maybe someone else has Russell's actual quotation.

http://www.bible.ca/jw-penton-3rdreich.htm

Perhaps the judge was simply anxious to assert that Jehovah's Witnesses were the "true Israel of God," but it seems that he had other reasons for making such a dramatic doctrinal switch without any more detailed explanation. While he may formerly have proclaimed himself a pro-Zionist "friend of the Hebrew people" in the tradition of his predecessor, he occasionally manifested a streak of deep-seated anti-semitism.
    For example, while giving a talk on biblical prophecies respecting the return of the Jews to Palestine at a Canadian Bible Student convention in Winnipeg, Manitoba, in the early 1920s, he interjected:

"I'm speaking of the Palestine Jew, not the hooked-nosed, stooped-shouldered little individual who stands on the street corner trying to gyp you out of every nickel you've got."

In the end I hope you realize that most of us here only want you to seek the real truth. Take care

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Wouldn't it be great if a bunch of ex's showed up and heckled the SISTER that is presenting. God, I wish I could be there. And, is that sister going to wear a head covering.

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2
    Beginners; I would no way condone the leadership being praised or glorified in their so called stand and I think what the Watchtower leadership did was cowardly and inexcusable but I believe that the rank and file JW who died should be remembered as much as anybody else. However they should be rememebered as individuals as opposed to being lumped together with their leadership if that makes sense.

Oh yes I agree. They were the ulitimate victims. Not suffering and dieing for a good cause like hiding Jews to protect them. The Catholics who the WT degrades did hide Jews. I had a professor who was a child during the holocaust. Nuns put their lives in danger to protect her life. Did JWs die for a good cause? No. If the Watchtower had told them to assist the Gestapo in locating Jews they would have.

Doug Mason; My ancestry is Jewish too and I have been researching them for some years.
    There is any amount of information at www.jewishgen.org, with a Special Interest Group (SIG) for each country, such as for Germany (Gersig).

This is how I learned of my ancestry too! I was told I was "German and English." I found out I had a genetic disease, was put on disability so I had plenty of time to research this genetic disease. The actual disease is celtic in origen but in the research I found that out family was not just German but Jewish. My mom showed me family pictures and they are very semitic looking for German. When I told my mom she was surprised but said that her cousins had been refused entrance into someplace in Maryland for being Jew. It brought it all together for mom. The Jewish records are incredible. I found GG on a handwritten boarding certificate.

Rebel; That was my petition while I was advocating with the US National Holocaust Museum to add wt documents to their library. They did! Those documents are among their most often requested items from their library, so everyone who requests them will have the opportunity to see the wt's own documents supporting Hitler. They will also see Penton's book.

Ah... bless you rebel. Maybe you can keep the thread to sign the petition active (btt) to get as many signitures as possible. I'll add that to a mailer that can follow all Holocaust memorials and presentations.

Harleu; Has the whole world gone mad? What on Earth? We are NOT Anti-Semitic. Never have been. It's so funny how you guys will believe anything you read in any book or magazine but if I came to your door with a Bible and tried to tell you the truth you would never believe.

Harleua, I have many of Russel's and Rutherford's books and read THEM to tell me what the Watchtower taught from the beginning. My goal is to collect every last one of them and read every last one of them. If I showed up at your door to tell you the truth about the Bible and the Watchtower you would ask me to leave. The Watchtower is not Jehovah's organization, it is Russel and Rutherfords, then the mysterious governing body.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Earlier you asked why the museum didn't do anything about this. Kent from Watchtower Observer (I believe) actually met with museum officials. Unfortunately they refused to act because the Witchtower had already lobbied against including all their documents in the museum library.

I think it was around that time that a revisionist article appeared on the Witchtower web site. It's still up on the Internet. It claims that "some people, especially former jws" claim that the wts cuddled up to Hitler but that was a lie. A printout of that page is housed in the museum library.

I emailed, wrote, and did a petition about this, and ta da, they agreed to put these documents in their archive now.

I write letters to organizations/legislators about issues I care about all the time. I have had great success with this, but even more when multiple people write letters. I am guessing that is why there was ultimately success with the museum--several people making the same request.

My point is--to no one in particular--advocacy works. You/we may not be able to close the doors at Crooklyn but we can affect certain things within our actual scope of influence.

Personally I find it very rewarding to know that I saved a few people from getting false info from a manipulative cult. When the ONLY info people get about a jw-related topic is from the jws, they are obviously not getting the full story. At least now people can make an informed decision about what to believe. (This is why we should complain to Wal-Mart and colleges when they let jws recruit there, IMO.)

Kate, do you think we should start emailing anyone?

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

Rebel do you have "holocaust" in your google alerts? I'm going to do that right now. That way we can email and send a simple snail mail package to all organizations promoting the dubs with thier programs. I am going to be busy and traveling to the PA convention, but will focus on making this happen as soon as possible.

It is 100% true, we may not be able to close the WT doors but together we can make a big difference. People like you, Danny Hazard, Barbara Anderson, Bill Bowen just to name a few have made a huge impact! Gosh you made the WT put a disclaimer of sorts on thier site lol...

You all deserve our appreciation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit