Jury Duty

by Farkel 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hey there Doug,

If it means we get to hear a Farkelized version of your experiences, then I'm all for it.

Of course I'm a selfish b*stard, so do what's best for you.

Done anything new on the ivories lately?

Nice seeing your "sorry a$$" around here again.

Open Mind

• Tara
    Tara

I am with Warlock's daughtre. I have been called twice, but wrote on my paper that I firmly believe if they weren't guilty they wouldn't be there, and that my dad and brothers were/are cops. I wasn't picked either time.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I was called once, went in and when questioned told them that I didn't believe in sending people to jail unless they were to be there for a short period prior to their execution. I also mentioned that I didn't think it appropriate that we spend our money (taxes) on supporting people in prison we should just shoot them in my opinion. Well you could have heard a pin drop on the proverbial carpet after that., The lawyers and the judge just glared at me and then told me I am dismissed. Wondered why sounded logical to me shoot the bastards its cheaper on society economically and I bet it would be a great deterrent for those thinking of committing a crime.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Farkel, you live in Sacremento? My parents live in Rocklin.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I work for the State and they would pay me for jury duty. I am a detention officer, so I would never get past the voider.

In my past life when I was a tool maker, one of my co-workers got called and he was on a trial for 3 weeks. That would have seriously affected my job. So when I was called for jury duty and they questioned me, I said I can just look at that guy and tell he is guilty.

They let me go home at lunch time.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I received a jury summons earlier this year. Was a piece of cake for me, because they didn't even call my group that whole week (we had to check the status of our summons group on the internet). When that week was over, I was off the hook. So it may turn out that you won't actually get to face a courtroom, if your local court works the same way as mine.

• rekless
    rekless

Farkel, you get to keep all your notes and they will furnish the pads and pencils, now if you are a writer it is great stuff because you can ise it in any of your novels or writings.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

it's a serious pain in the butt, but it's also part of citizenship, so I go when called, but have never actually served on a jury. However, I spent three weeks once on the panel being questioned before they dismissed me - major major stress and boredom alternating. It was a murder trial and I knew the defendant AND his mother, didn't know he had a drinking problem but said my piece about what I think of someone who kills another person while driving drunk after four previous DUIs. Not sure why they kept me around so long. I think I pissed off the DA.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It will be exciting and a good change from the monotony of routine to accept such a responsibility. So go for it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Farkel..Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..I have`nt seen you on the board in a long time!..Tell them they`re all a bunch of DipF*cks!(A Farkel Term..LOL!!)..And..Ask for a Piano!..That should get you off the hook!..LOL!!..............I finally got my new computer Bud..It has Sound!!..LOL!!.....Have you got any tunes..I would love to hear you play...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit