Warning to Witnesses with blood cards = 11 bags blood but still alive!!!

by Witness 007 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

· Officer Robert Sitek, Phoenix Police Department Shot and critically injured, April 12, 2003 On April 12, 2003, Officer Sitek and his partner attempted a traffic stop on the driver of a red truck who cut off the patrol vehicle. The driver had just committed an armed car- jacking. When the officers stopped, the driver began shooting, hitting Officer Sitek four times in his abdomen, leg and hand. Officer Sitek was in cardiac arrest when responding paramedics arrived. He was revived, rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery and coded in the emergency room. Officer Sitek was brought back to life and as of June 3, 2003 had pulled out of his three week coma, is breathing on his own and has been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital. He is still unable to walk. The shooter, Francisco A. Gallardo, was a Mexican citizen who had recently completed a seven-year prison term for aggravated assault. He had been deported after his release but had returned. Gallardo was shot and killed by Officer Sitek’s partner as he attempted to escape. History will be made on February 10 when blood drive coordinators witness the largest donor/blood recipient meeting ever held in Arizona. Officer Sitek required 148 blood transfusions from volunteer donors when he was shot four times in the line of duty in 2003. Two of the bullets pierced his body less than an inch below his protective vest. Sitek will meet face-to-face for the first time with up to 50 of his blood donors at the Valentines for Life luncheon. Donors from all walks of life contributed to Sitek’s recovery, from high school students to retired seniors. But they all had at least one thing in common – each provided a lifesaving blood transfusion for Sitek. Sitek will be joined by featured speaker Dr. Kevin Foster, Medical Director of the Arizona Burn Center at Maricopa Medical Center. As the physician who performed the emergency surgery that saved Sitek’s life, Foster has first-hand knowledge of the impact blood donors have had on his recovery. During his emergency surgery and subsequent treatments, he lost the equivalent of all the blood in his body five times. Sitek required 93 red cell, 43 plasma and 12 platelet transfusions – many of which came from donors recruited by blood drive coordinators. http://www.unitedbloodservices.org/heropress.asp?state=az

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thanks Rebornagain- 148 bags of blood...okay you win.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

(Rabbit)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll repeat my view on blood. It didn't "cure" my Mom, just bought her time. There were no options. Had she been a JW she would also be dead. I've seriously considered ripping my card up. On the Hemopure........Cow's blood? How is cow's blood ok as opposed to a transfusion of human blood. Or does it fit the now current magic profile of preferred components?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wha happened says: "I'm seriously considering ripping my card up..." Do so now! I wore my a blood card around my kneck when playing sports etc. I was that spiritual!!! On finding out the truth about blood I immediately ripped it up since here it is a legal document, and your Witness family can use it on you.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I just realized I still had my blood card in my wallet-

it's in the trash now

I wonder, my mother who is a JW takes care of my daughter (6 months old)- I want to make it clear that should something happen, I don't want my mom to hold up any sort of treatment because of blood until I get there. Will the Dr's listen to her or will they wait for me? maybe I should start another thread??

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I would think YOU have the final say. What about the father? I hope he would back you up as well.

LINDA

I still recall the day I got rid of my card. I went to a Healing Room and I was being prayed on (hands on praying) to release me of any bondages the JW's had hanging over me, when I suddenly remembered I had my card in my wallet still (had an issue date which was from the JW's standards considered expired) Anyway, I told the lady who was praying on me, "I can just see it now, I destroy it and the next thing I know, I'll need it for an emergency." She told me, "No, you won't need it. Just pray to God to give you strength and keep you safe." So I did and that was a few years ago and I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad to have that card trashed. After reading that story about Robert Sitek (se my other posting), I now see how indespensible donating is and btw, when I was 11 years old (1967), I was no JW at the time, but was in a major sledding accident, ruptured my spleen and not having the medical records to verify anything, my local current MD told me, more than likely I lost a considerable amt. of blood and definitely had blood transfusions. Hey...I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the donators. Bless their hearts.

LINDA

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Other than my wife there are no JW's in my family. (Thank Goodness). My wife and I will likely have a heart to heart talk about this. With all that I have learned through my mother's illness(es), My view of the blood doctrine has changed substantially. I'm leaning more towards the bibles view of blood now.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    I've seriously considered ripping my card up

good start, but as i said in above post, go to the hospital you use and have them take it out of the computer. If you have ever been in the hospital I can assure you they have you tagged "bloodless" and it will supersede in an emergency(if there is no one around the tell them of your changed wishes) even if you tore up your card, it will follow you until you go in and have them personally take that off your computer records. You probably can't do it over the phone, not with the new Hipa laws. You will have to go in person.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I won't be happy till you tell me you RIPPED THE BLOOD CARD UP!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit