Warning to Witnesses with blood cards = 11 bags blood but still alive!!!

by Witness 007 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I did exactly that...watched my JW mom die -- just like that.

She ended up on a ventilator, which took away her last chance to voice her own thoughts. All the so called "alternatives" did nothing but, "expand" the volume in her veins. That's a good thing...but, she needed oxygen to keep each cell alive. Her heart was beating good and strong, until even her heart's cells failed. She was scared and tried to talk, the ventilator stopped that. I'll always wonder if she was trying to say, "I want to live. Do whatever is necessary, please!"

Smothered to death...my sweet, kind mother, who gave life, care & love to me and my siblings...gets smothered to death...by the Watchtower's ever changing laws.

My Dad wasn't a JW, but, had promised to "abide" by her wishes. He relied on the JW's and the HLC idiot elder to truthfully tell him what was "acceptable" to JW's. The HLC idiot & my siblings decided "not to confuse" my Dad with facts, like she had a whole range of fractions, including hemoglobin, which could have saved her.

Why ? Why would they lie about fractions ? They said,"...were afraid he wouldn't understand why some JW's could take something another couldn't...". (the conscience matter thing) and "...it was important that he see JW's are unified the world over..."

So, for the sake of a fake cult 'unity' ...she had to be sacrificed.

And the HLC...? They will gladly use Theocratic Warfare to lie not tell the truth to anybody they deem unworthy of hearing it. They will do anything to make the GB proud and to make God smile.

The sad thing is...I'm the only one of my JW siblings that isn't a witness now, even after watching our mother being smothered to death. They...are sad she died, but, proud she "...died faithful and we know Jah is smiling down at her from heaven..."

Smiling. Our mom dies a horrible death...and God smiles...

As the James Taylor song says, "Suzzane the plans they made, put an end to you."

Rabbit

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I friend of mine wen't to a night club where things got out of hand, and a drunken fight resulted in him being stabbed in the abdomen with a large knife.

You are missing the point of the wt defense. They would argue that this would never happen to a "true christian" because they would neither be at a night club nor be in a fight with a drunk.

However, you are correct. The wt frames the whole blood issue from in such a way to believe that you will never die. The reality is that people do die as a direct result of the wt position on blood.

• BFD
    BFD

I talked my father into taking a blood transfusion. He died the next morning. I still feel guilty about it.

BFD

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

BFD look at Rabbits story! Don't feel guilt be proud you did your best....poor Rabbit. That's a terrible thing to live with, it's not your fault.

The Hospital Liason commitee are "Gastapo SS" Elders who stand over you to make sure you die without a blood transfusion. The one in our Cong. is the rudest most arrogant Elder I have ever seen....he's not gonna be the last person I see before dying, no way!

• BFD
    BFD

Wit007 it is a terrible thing to live with. The thing is the JW blood doctrine is a no win situation for me either way. If I had not talked him into it would he have died of a massive heart attack the following morning? If he had, I would probably feel guilty for letting him refuse the blood transfusion. But what if he would have lived? I'll never know.

The most fucked up part about it is the man was never JW. I was dumbfounded when he was refusing a blood transfusion and jokingly asked him, "What are you a Jehovah's Witness or something?" If my mother ever finds out about this I can just imagine how smug she will feel thinking I killed my own father. I've never told anyone in my family about this and it is killing me right now.

My last conversation with my father was that I talked him into taking a blood transfusion he did not want. The doctors all said that he needed blood. I was trying to save his life, I know but, the guilt is there and I cannot shake it. I've lived with this since February 2001.

Chalk up another one for the GB.

BFD

• Scully
    Scully

11 Units of blood... holy crap.

Your friend is damn lucky. A healthy male has about 5 litres of blood in circulation - a unit of blood is about 300 - 350 mL. He lost about 2/3 of his own blood.

I've worked with patients who survived DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) who required over 20 units of blood. Without transfusions they would never have survived.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This blood issue and all of it's stupid abnormalities of reason has to be maintained simply for legal reasons and any possible law suits that may occur if changed.

Therefore there will no new light on this subject matter, the power has spoken !

A other way to look at the situation could be this, what if a religious group proclaimed in one of their doctrines that no medical assistance or endeavor should take place in looking after one

of their followers in case of severe illness and this policy was to cause the unfortunate deaths of some their followers. What do you suppose the government would do if it was found out that

hundreds of people, adults and children were prematurely dying due to this religious practice. Would the government step in and take legal action for putting the health and

welfare of people in jeopardy or would they just shake their heads cross their arms and say well thats just freedom of religion. Personally I think any organization or group that has the

given freedom provided by the government to operate and function should be held responsible for the health and welfare of the people that join and participate with the organization.

If the organizers of the group give out instructions to it's participants that causes personal injury to the people involved, shouldn't the leaders of that group be held libel for their actions ?

Where the matter gets gray is, does a select religious group have more power over and above the government and who should be held responsible if any toward the health and welfare

of the people involved. Since the WTS are using a strong policy of fear and coercion to draw people toward them with the intent to exploit and manipulate as many as possible,

wouldn't be important to watch cults like this. I think the government has the legal right and responsibility to protect the citizens that it governs over and not succumb to the willful desires

of a small group no matter what form those individual desires may be and in this case it's obviously power.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The doctor who faces a decision to transfuse....it's like the race car driver figuring out when to hit the brakes to avoid an accident.

If you hit the brakes at 1000 yards, you're sure to not crash.

If you hit the brakes at 10 yards, you're sure to crash.

If you hit the brakes at 50 yards, you may or may not crash. You don't know the car's condition, the road's condition, etc.

In the decision to transfuse, if the person is losing alot of blood & has alot of trauma.....you've got alot of unknowns. Systems fail, patient goes into shock, etc. But, you've got to transfuse & hope the person can fight it. Becuase without the transfusion, you're at 1 yard.

Skeeter

• JK666
    JK666

If they divided those eleven bags into 22 smaller ones, would it be okay because it would be fractions (1/2)?

JK

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Wit007

BFD look at Rabbits story! Don't feel guilt be proud you did your best....poor Rabbit. That's a terrible thing to live with, it's not your fault.

BFD Wit007 it is a terrible thing to live with. The thing is the JW blood doctrine is a no win situation for me either way. If I had not talked him into it would he have died of a massive heart attack the following morning? If he had, I would probably feel guilty for letting him refuse the blood transfusion. But what if he would have lived? I'll never know.

Guilt...is a funny (not ha-ha) thing. I've lived with a similar guilty conscience a little longer than you have...over my Moms death. I had only started skipping meetings, stopping Field Service and seriously questioning my beliefs and the "Love" among JW's for a year or so when she died.

I fought the HLC elder (& JW siblings) "Theocratic" plan to spoon feed my Dad, the Truth ™ about all the "alternatives," that a good JW was allowed to take. I was going to tell my Dad what they were doing -- but, I allowed myself to be talked out of it. They promised me they would tell him everything. They made me feel as tho' I was going to "give a bad witness" (by exposing them)...and I had just enough residual "fear of Jehovah" left in me ...I relented.

It wasn't until after my Mom died, I found out they lied to me and my Dad. They never told him "everything," they told him, she "would not have wanted any blood products." Their judgment.

I will always carry guilt...that I should have done what I thought was right the first time and not let myself be talked out of it. I am haunted with: maybe my Mom would have lived. I fully realize their true guilt in the matter, but, they feel good. I don't.

Chalk up another one for the GB.

BFD

I am so sorry about your Dad. It's too bad we still carry JW baggage around, it has gotten easier for me over the years. I listened to a lot of good advice here... convincing me that some things are just totally out of our control. I hope you'll feel better in the future, too.

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit