My nana is dying :(

by Es 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hey all,

I recently posted a topic on loosing it with my father, so some of you would know my nan isnt doing well. They finally got rid of the infection on Monday we were all relieved. But my nan is still refusing to eat and drink. They offered to stick a tube down her for a week to feed her with the intent that it would pick her up a bit to eat on her own. She has refused.

So as of Monday they are taking away all her medication, as this will only prolong her life. She will slip into a natural coma, and eventually pass away. I did some research on the computer how long a body can cope without food and water. It says a healthy body can cope three days without water and three weeks without food, she is no where near healthy.

I totally understand why she is doing this, since my pop died three years ago she has gone down hill in her health, she misses him terribly. Even if she was to eat and bounce back she would be moved to a rehab hospital and then put in a home, which in itself would kill her.

But Im also angry, angry that she is giving up its almost like she is committing a slow suicide, harsh I know but thats what is kind of feels like. I want her to keep living, I want to be able to see her and talk to her, and show her her grandchildren, my daughters middle name is named after my nan. I want her to be able to see the new baby when it comes. She is the only family I really have, she has supported me a lot in the last few years as she isnt a JW.

Today will be the last day I get to see her conscious, and hopefully be able to talk to her and get a response.

Thanks for listening

es

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Very sad es. Sorry to hear that. I knew of a woman like that myself she was a smoker, 78 years old. She was hooked up to oxygen tanks all the time and her quality of life was very poor. I can't blame anyone under these circumstances. I hope you get the most out of your remaining moments. (((((Hugs))))

• Es
    Es

Thank you. I guess I feel like she overcame the infection, she has been on medication for the last twenty years, she suffers from TB, recently lost most of her eyesite as a result of medication, got diabetes a few months ago....none of which was her fault. But she has had enough, she is tired of living like this and just wants to go and we have to respect that

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sorry to hear about your nana Es. I sometimes think the elderly get a sense of when this chapter of their life is coming to a close and they just get tired of the struggle. To her, the options are very limited and being in a home just won't cut it. When you see her, have a great 'visit', one that will create a vivid memory. Take care....

D.E.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Es,

I'm sorry you're going through this.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((((es))))))

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

BB

• Maddie
    Maddie

I am sorry to hear of your sadness over your nan Es.

The fond memories you have are stored in your heart so may they bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Maddie

• sparrow
    sparrow

Hi Es, sorry to hear this. My grandfather passed a few weeks back. I wasn't even that close and it was hard. I hope you have a good visit too.

• Quandry
    Quandry

She is the only family I really have, she has supported me a lot in the last few years as she isnt a JW.

Es

It is hard. The longer you live the more loved ones you will lose. My grandparents are all gone, my dad is gone, and my mother is very sick and old and will be going soon.

On the other hand, it is wonderful that you have had someone who is supportive of you. You will always cherish this memory and know how important you are. I hope you are able to communicate your love and appreciation to her for all she has done for you, helping her to know that she has had an important impact on your life.

• hubert
    hubert

We will pray she goes peacefully.

(((((((es and family)))))))

Hubert and wife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit