Tomorrow will be one of the PROUDEST days of my life.

by nicolaou 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• changeling
    changeling

I share your joy and I share your pride. I also know exactly where you're coming from. My unbaptized 18 year old son, is a freshman in college and no longer attends meetings.

Do "the dance of joy"! You deserve it.

changeling

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The work we do is irrelevent as long as we do it well

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

nicolaou,

CONGRATULATION!!!!! You have every right to be proud. Just wait until he graduates, you're really going to be beside yourself with pride and joy.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Congrats, Nic. We have more in common than you know.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thank you all. Yesterday was a very good day indeed. My wife and I drove our son the 110 miles to his campus and moved him into his accommodation. It's a bit small but he seems to be in with a good bunch of students, four girls, three lads. They all went down the pub on the first night.

He's going to be fine. (I have to keep telling myself that). Driving back home without him was murder but I only had to pull over once - curse my emotional Greek genes.

Nic's a happy monkey right now.

• bluebell
    bluebell

good for you nic and like sweetstuff said:

A piece of paper might earn you more money, give you more prestige but imo you broke free from mind control, you have raised children to be free thinkers, that makes you Nic with the Masters degree in my eyes. Masters Degree in Freedom from Oppression.

no piece of paper giving you a degree would ever take the place of being a good father.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

F A N T A S T I C

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff Nicolaulopolopoulos. Thanks for sharing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just had to pop back and update this.

My son graduated with a very good 2:1 degree! It's been an amazing three years in which our other son has also started his degree (now in his 2nd year) and our daughter is staying on at school and preparing for University in 2012.

My wife and I are driving down to our sons graduation day in a few hours - I just cannot find the words to describe how I feel right now . . .

I WISH I could tell you my children's names, post their pictures and share the graduation photo's with you but you'll understand why I can't. Still, I'm not going to let any resentment spoil this wonderful, wonderful day.

Love to you all,

Nic'

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Congratulation Nick, you did a great job.

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit