Tomorrow will be one of the PROUDEST days of my life.

by nicolaou 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

That is truly beautiful. Congrats on your son! But I really wanted to say, you should be extremely proud of yourself. You have accomplished something that should give you the highest degree. A piece of paper might earn you more money, give you more prestige but imo you broke free from mind control, you have raised children to be free thinkers, that makes you Nic with the Masters degree in my eyes. Masters Degree in Freedom from Oppression.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Congrats nicolaou, and thanks for sharing your joy!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Congrats to you and your family, Nic'. You've earned every bit of pride you're feeling!

Dave

• poppers
    poppers

That's great news, nic.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Big hugs to you and your son, nicolaou!

• BFD
    BFD

That is such wonderful news. Congratulations to both you and you son!

BFD

• Scully
    Scully

Nic.... this is fantastic!! We'll all shed few proud, joyful tears with you tomorrow... and again when you let us know he's graduating (with honours, no doubt!)

I felt the same way when my eldest started his studies in College as well. Ever since he was a little boy he had wanted to work in law enforcement and we felt if we'd stayed JWs he'd never get to realize that dream. I'm so glad that the WTS didn't squash that dream for him the way it has squashed the dreams of so many people over the course of its existence.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. My children was the catalyst for me leaving the cult. I wanted them to have an education. All three of my daughters are college educated. I know your pride....you did a great job DAD...you saved your wife and kids from having a desperate life.

Not only am I proud of your son, but you as well. WELL DONE.

hug1.gif image by Lesliev1031

Leslie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I could cry and hug you too, if I were near.

Every life used and fulfilled is worth a million the Borg succeedeed in ruining.

ROCK ON TOMMY

HB

• Gayle
    Gayle

You have every right to be proud!! Nothing better than to give your child unconditional love and the opportunity of a free mind and them being able to create their path for their own lives, and not in the bindings of mind-control. The bell rings 'freedom' for your son and you, away from the WTS! Best wishes to you both! Four of my 5 kids have completed college, the 5th half way thru. I know your pride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit