What should I get her?

by Musicman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

You can get her a golden gilded rose put it in the center of a bouquet of red roses.
    After the live ones die, she'll have this as a keepsake.

http://www.goldroses.net/

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My husband bought me bongos for our anniversary 2 years ago and I was ecstatic. I had mentioned several times that I wanted some and he remembered, which was a surprise. No, I can't play them, I just pretend to.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

A&W is onto something here, I'd say the best gift you can give her is paying attention to what she likes. The fact that you took time to notice and remember something she appreciated can make it the best present ever.

• prophecor
  • skeeter1
    skeeter1

An expensive handbag....(or the spa thing). Those are things alot of women want, but will not buy for themself.

As for me, I'd like a good fishing boat & a salt water rod....since you're out shopping.

Skeeter

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

An Electric Drill.

• Musicman
    Musicman

Excellent ideas! Thanks a ton, and keep 'em coming if you got 'em. The blender-vacuum cleaner-sewing machine suggestions have me ROFL-ing, since I'm a stay at home husband and she brings home the bacon. And I would LOVE a new blender (lots of settings, of course), a new vacuum cleaner (a Dyson, or anything that can suck the paint off the wall), and I do in fact own a sewing machine, but I don't know how to work it yet.

Outings seem to be the thing, yes? Day spa and drinks maybe? Scully, both my wife and myself love to get box DVD sets of things we like, so I don't think that would be special enough. And I love Pinky and the Brain! We rented the set from Netflix back in the day. We've got West Wing 1st-5th Season, Sports Night, Family Guy, Fraggle Rock, and Samurai Jack along with some other stuff I can't remember that's probably lent out.

Parali, that golden rose would be a great idea... if I hadn't gotten one for a previous girlfriend and told my wife all about it .

A&W, I'm looking for something that is unique and impactful like that, but I can't think of a thing along those lines.

Skeeter, my wife isn't a handbag person. She has a small black purse that barely holds her keys, driver's liscense and bank card, and that's all she uses for anything. She hates shopping too and doesn't wear make-up.

Musicman

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

You can get her a golden gilded rose put it in the center of a bouquet of red roses.
    After the live ones die, she'll have this as a keepsake.

Yes that did go over very well didn't it.

BTW, I want a power saw.

Bobbi

• changeling
    changeling

Jewelry is never wrong. Pay attention to what she admires on others or when you go shopping together and take mental notes.

A spa day is also excellent.

A Barnes & Noble gift certificate is perfect for an avid reader.

changeling

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Make her life easier. Get her a self propelled lawnmower! he he he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit