What should I get her?

by Musicman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Musicman
    Musicman

Ok peoples, September 30th is my wife's birthday. I need ideas!! In the past I've gotten her a matching jewelry set, a super-comfy reclining office chair for her computer area, a massage pad, and other things I can't remember. She had complained before that I never got her "girly" things, hence the matching jewelry set, but she never wears them, so jewelry is out for this year. She loves to read Sci-fi books, but the problem with that is that she owns most all of what she likes. She likes computer games like Age of Empires and Civilization as well, so if anyone knows of a sleeper hit in that genre, I'd love to know about it.

Ok...

Go!

Musicman

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Dude, this is so simple. Find a day spa nearby and buy her a half hour massage. I don't know what that costs in your neck of the woods, but around here it's about $65.00 an hour. Even better yet, buy two gift certificates, and send one of her girlfriends with her. You'll have to pour her out of the car after she's done. She'll be happy, she'll probably "thank" you later.

• JK666
    JK666

Jewellry never misses. I doesn't matter if they wear them or not.

If not, popping for an entire day at the spa would be a big hit with my girlfriend, but I have not done it yet.

JK

• Scully
    Scully

Does she have a favorite TV show, which is no longer on the air or in syndication, that's available in boxed sets? Or favorite old movies that she doesn't have in her collection of DVDs?

I've always loved Pinky and The Brain cartoons, but hadn't seen them on TV in a long time - Mr Scully bought me all three seasons for my last birthday. I was thrilled, really.

*narf*

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Dorktacular beat me to it.

When I was married, my wife's birthday was the biggest holiday of the year (yes, bigger than xmas or my own bday). She seriously loved hockey, so I took her to see the local team a couple of years. The first yaer, I took the day off work and took her to a fantastic lunch at the top of a highrise in Portland. Then told her we were going for drinks and took mass transit to the venue where the hockey team plays (there's also a restaurant/bar there). She nearly bowled over the very large bouncer to give me a thankyou kiss when I handed her the tickets.

The next year I planned ahead and had 10 of her friends meet us at the bar then attend the game.

Other times I have done the Dorktacular thing, but got her a $250 tandem massage at the nicest spa in town. Like Dorktacular, she was poured back into the waiting room after about 3 hours. It was a big hit lemme tell ya.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

a vacuum cleaner or a blender, what else do women need?

seriously, you can't go wrong with jewelery or spa treatments. but, if you actually put thought into it, and get her something SHE is into, it'll go over much better.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I've been thinking about doing this: We have many many pictures that have accumulated over the years that haven't found their way into a photo album yet. Mrs. Eagle is very craft 'stuff' inclined and has always admired professional looking scrapbooks, but with her other projects hasn't ever attempted one. I thought I would pick out a number of pictures and memorabilia and take them to a scrapbook store and request that they put one together for her. I would, of course, pick out the various doo-dads, papers and stamps the scrapbook people would attach but I'm leaving the glue-gun work to the professionals.

If that's not your cup of tea (or mug of beer) then how about a copy of Myst wrapped in a pink bow?

Eagle

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Jeeezus, it's my wife's birthday today! LOL

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I've always loved Pinky and The Brain cartoons, but hadn't seen them on TV in a long time - Mr Scully bought me all three seasons for my last birthday. I was thrilled, really.

*narf*

You may, in fact, be the sexiest woman alive. It is my ultimate fantasy to be married to a woman who loves Pinky and The Brain! Zort!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Men cannot buy women "girly" things. Well, most of them can't. Usually she says thank you and throws it in a corner. Besides, men aren't supposed to have any taste in anything girly. Men are practical! Buy her that sewing machine she's been wanting :)

Or just go with entertainment. That's usually an easy no-brainer. Take her out for a game of pool and a few drinks. Buy her some DVDs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit