This story just made me so mad!

by Sad emo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I heard it on the radio last night. I was going to post it on the other 'should marijuana/cannabis be legalised' thread - but since this case involved alcohol as well, you can't be sure which 'drug' if either was a contributor to this sicko's actions.

I'm not going to post the full story here as some may find the details distressing. It basically involved a guy who had been smoking weed and drinking who denied a dying woman any dignity in her final hours The local magistrates found him guilty of outraging public decency and have referred him to the Crown Court so that he'll hopefully get a sentence he deserves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7002627.stm

I shake my head in despair at the way Britain is going

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Actually, you can be about 99.9% sure that the marijuana did NOT contribute to his disgusting behavior.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm inclined to agree with you sixofnine. I think even if it was alcohol/weed influenced, it just brought out a mentality that was already present in this guy.

• BFD
    BFD

Sickening. I only hope that the inmates where this pig is incarcerated use his mouth as a urinal.

BFD

• bebu
    bebu

How could anyone devalue someone like that, for 15 minutes potential fame on youtube? I wonder how youtube reacts to stories like this.

I would hope that part of his sentence involves getting to know the biography of the lady who died, her kids, her legacy... so that he understands that he did a disgusting and inexcusable thing to a significant human being.

I shake my head in despair at the way Britain is going

It is a good thing that the community is outraged and rejecting her deserving such treatment, emo. If it didn't, I would REALLY be concerned!!

bebu

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

How sick is that?

I will be the same age as that poor woman on my next birthday. I cannot imagine being treated like that.

The part that bothers me the most is imagining what that would do to my children and grandchildren. Knowing that a stranger did that to someone they love, as if dying was not bad enough.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

I propose that in the U.K. we bring back the stocks and shove these excuses for human beings in them for at least 48 hours while everyone in town humiliates them by throwing rotten food and worse at them, then throw them down a cold wet underground dungeon and feed them pig swill by a bucket on a rope.If these idiots want to behave like something from another age let them be treated in the same uncivilised manner as an example to other morons.

Let the punishment fit the crime for a change. Anti social behaviour orders; don't make me laugh.Why is it that most people know how to behave but a growing minority seem to think they can act in an insulting and debased manner .I think breaking rocks with a ball and chain around their feet is too good for some of them but I would get those barstewards into a regime of extreme hard labour until they reformed and offer them more of the same if they go back to their brainless ways.

It's always the weak and vunerable they seem to go for because those scum bags are cowards.You are correct Sad emo our country is plagued by sub civilised standards of behavior and we haven't even reached the peak yet.

Edmond.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes something needs to be done. Our legal system and society in general has had its hands tied by 'rights' and we'll be headed for anarchy and maybe martial law before long.

My mum always wanted to see the birch brought back into use, she said anyone who got birched very rarely offended again. Unfortunately that form of punishment is classed as torture nowadays...

I think I might like to see our town's gibbet put back into service!!

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I agree with Sixofnine as well. I knew a guy that was also inhuman enough to do that to a person and drugs or alcohol were not the facter. The facter was a stupid idiot that thinks nothing of others.

• free2think
    free2think

How sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit