I'm Graduating tonight.....

by ex-nj-jw 44 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Well actually tomorrow! I've finally finished and will now have my Master's degree in Nursing!!! I feel like I've been in school for my entire life, but it was well worth it!

I'm going out to celebrate later with some friends, hubby is meeting me for dinner with the kids and I think I'm the most excited person in the state of VA!!!!

I've heard people say, "The JW's aren' t so bad, look how I turned out". I like to say "look how I turned out DESPITE being raised a JW". I'm 42 years old, so I don't ever want to hear from anyone that you are too old to go back to school. It's never too late- get out there and get whatever you desire.

nj

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow!! CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are an inspiration!!!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Congratulations! You f'n rock!

I'll have a drink for ya tonight

• eclipse
    eclipse

W O W NJ!!!!

You are my hero woman!

You did it! I am so proud of you!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Thanks guys I'm pretty damn proud of me too!

nj

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great job!!! Congrats!!! Yahoo!!!! Yeehaw!!!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

This is real good news.

Congratulations.

• poppers
    poppers

Congratulations!

• Open mind
    Open mind

WAY TO GO!!!

I'm curious, ex-nj-jw, what was your motivation to go for the Master's Degree? I'm mainly asking for my kids.

Congratulations again!

Open Mind

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I'm curious, ex-nj-jw, what was your motivation to go for the Master's Degree?

More $$$$$

Oportunity to teach and work in upper management

I currently work in the research department for a university hospital - this will open doors for me if I choose that route, to educate patient's and do more research in others areas

Last but not least - I'm an over-achiever!

I know it sounds stupid but everything I do, every goal I succeed in to me is a slap in my mother's face. She told me I'd be nothing more than a whore having baby after baby! Again, I know it's stupid but it makes me feel good to have proven her wrong!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit