Devouring the Forbidden Fruit - Higher Education

by cappytan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    The Universities are updating knowledge based on researching. This is why we currently know that the accounts contained in the first five books of the Bible have little archaeological support and Moses could not be the author of them. The same happens with scientific support for stories like the Noah's Flood, and so on. Therefore, secular knowledge is dangerous for the Watchtower's cult. This cult needs to hide and distort scientific knowledge.
  • BU2B
    BU2B
    This is great news! The GB power grabbing is backfiring!
  • Mary
    Mary

"...Did the recent jw tv anti education broadcasts cement the deal for you to go back to college?"

Can someone post the link to this? I've recently had 2 JWs (my sister and another old friend who has started going back to the KH tell me that they've changed their stand on 'higher education' and that university is a-okay now. I find this very hard to believe and I was wondering if anyone had read anything in the literature about this......

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cappy, Science teachers are in demand. This is what I do.

To teach, you will also need a teaching credential. In most states this is an additional 1 - 2 year program.

You have a PM!

• cappytan
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Go for it CAPPYTAN!

Absolutely!

• millie210
    millie210

Good for you Cap!

Glad your wife supports it too. Icing on cake!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Be sure to talk to Financial Aid Department. Fill out your FAFSA. You may qualify for federal or state grants, and you'll need it for federal student loans and the scholarships I saw. And you can get various tax credits for school expenses.

You realize this is very disappointing to the GB. Now you won't be left with much time for meetings, preaching, and studying mind-numbing WT litteratrash. Then you'll be doubting the Genesis accounts of creation and the flood and your critical thinking skills will have you doing face-palms repeatedly during meetings. And you'll be passionate about learning "worldly" truths rather than passionate about the latest music videos on JW TV.

So, HURRAY for us "forbidden fruit" eaters!

• zeb
    zeb

I was 53 when i 'layed the ghost' and gained my Dip in Community services. It ended forever the taunts of some of my teachers long past with their vicious ridicule.

It was only a few years back i was diagnosed with dyslexia!

I wish you the absolute best maybe you can devise a computer system that uses plain English in its instruction for us old folks.!

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks cappytan. I could only watch about 4 minutes of the BS before I felt nauseated. I'll try watching the rest tomorrow.

Kudos to you for going back to get your degree!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit