Devouring the Forbidden Fruit - Higher Education

by cappytan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Cappytan,

I too have found biology fascinating, specifically evolutionary biology. My purpose in part for going back is for learning more about the intersection of computer science and biology (plus statistics and mathematics): Bioinformatics.

You might find you are able to learn about biology and use your programming skills. It seems about half of those entering Bioinformatics are biologists, and the other half computer scientists.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Congratulations on heading back to school. Going to Uni was the best decision I ever made.

• kaik
    kaik

There is never too late to go back to school. I left WT when I was 22. Did not finish my BSc until I was 30~31. People were already established in their careers, while I was going to school after work. I was lucky that I knew computer programming and I had various certification, so I was able to earn a bit while finishing my B.S. in computers. This gave me a boost for better job and I was able to pursue professional certification my field and have two post-bachelor degrees. Last year I got accepted into prestigious Master's degree program and my school accepted couple credits from professional certification. I am at the process to complete my Master's degree about year from today.

Education is a whole life process. It never ends due extremely competitive job market. I am think to earn another Master's or go for PhD/doctoral degree so I can work in research. My regret is that I did not start my advanced education earlier due WT.

• jhine
    jhine

Good on yer mate .

Jan

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Congrats Cappytan,

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    Amazing news, well done!
  • rmt1
    rmt1
    The highest revenge and offense you can offer to that fuming den of pestilent vipers is to educate yourself. No crime of the Watchtower is greater in maximum sum collateral damage to all victims of the cult than the categorical sataninization of education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit