Devouring the Forbidden Fruit - Higher Education

by cappytan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Question?

Did the recent jw tv anti education broadcasts cement the deal for you to go back to college?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Question?
    Did the recent jw tv anti education broadcasts cement the deal for you to go back to college?

I had been considering it for a time, but to answer your question, yes it cemented the deal. I saw that crap and thought, "Screw this, I'm going back."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Congratulations. You can do pretty much anything related to education as long as you don't promote education to the congregation. I was an elder going to graduate school. I never told anyone and if anyone asked I simply said that my employer required me to go to school - I never entered into a discussion and certainly not a debate.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

ATTA BOY!

GO FOR IT!

Doc

• cappytan
    cappytan
    NewYork44M:
    Congratulations. You can do pretty much anything related to education as long as you don't promote education to the congregation. I was an elder going to graduate school. I never told anyone and if anyone asked I simply said that my employer required me to go to school - I never entered into a discussion and certainly not a debate.

I actually am not going to be shy about it. I'm going to mention in casual conversation things like, "The other day in _____ class we were discussing _________ and an interesting point was brought out."

I can't wait for my privileges to be taken away.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I actually am not going to be shy about it. I'm going to mention in casual conversation things like, "The other day in _____ class we were discussing _________ and an interesting point was brought out."

I can't wait for my privileges to be taken away.

Considering that you're studying biology, I think it's inevitable that your privileges go away. Just mention evolution to an elder or two and that'll be that.

It might also help you casually bring up evolution with your wife, but with all the progress you've been making with her lately, she might be mentally out before you start classes.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    ou can do pretty much anything related to education as long as you don't promote education to the congregation. I was an elder going to graduate school. I never told anyone and if anyone asked I simply said that my employer required me to go to school

Ahh.......the self-deprecation required to remain in good standing as a JW rears its ugly head again........

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done!

Of course, you know that we wont be able to talk with you anymore, as you will be showing yourself to be very disobedient to the magnificent 7!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Congratulations on a fantastic decision!!!! I went back to school at 35 (and while still an elder LOL) and it was the best decision I could have made. Good luck
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Congratulations on a fantastic decision!!!! I went back to school at 35 (and while still an elder LOL) and it was the best decision I could have made. Good luck

I'm 35 too. Haha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit