Please point me to the most horrible logical fallacy from the watchtower...

by DeusMauzzim 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

To make the printed literature push further, they devised a marketing scheme, which resulted in their professed doctrines

C.T. Russell knew that he could put to market the Armageddon ideology and could make a gain in selling to the people,

this is where his professional salesmanship came into play, it worked then just like it works today,

A fine example of open market capitalism, and his efforts were also to bring attention to himself as an power seeking opportunist

• Mystery
    Mystery

The CO's definition of "pony", according to my mom and her pioneer group, is one of the most horrible logical fallacy i have heard lately - a pony is the highest nomination for literature.

According to him - “The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures” aka JW Bible is the top of the “pony” list used in universities around the world to teach God’s word. The NWT is THE BIBLE used to teach ALL religions the words of Jehovah. “They” (the universities) use “our” Bible to learn “the truth” but they change the meaning of the words to represent the “false religious” teaching taught by the “worldly churches”. The JW Bible is the most prestigious Bible used in ALL THE WORLD because of its precise accuracy of translation to our language today."

• DocBob
    DocBob

From the December 1993 "Our Kingdom Ministry", page 7

"We want to give deserving ones the opportunity to learn of Jehovah’s undeserved kindness and the Kingdom hope."

• Gopher
    Gopher

DocBob,

They actually said that???? I can't believe it.

Wait a minute. Yes I can.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    blood is sacred because it symbolises life ; hence, one must not use blood to save a life .

Narkissos...Any interesting philosophical implications of the triumph of the signifier over the signified?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit