Please point me to the most horrible logical fallacy from the watchtower...

by DeusMauzzim 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

All you need to know about the Jehovah's Witnesses is that they say "Jesus had his return to power" aka his second coming in the year 1914. What do you think? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/136743/1.ashx more

• changeling
    changeling

Yes Para. If you go by their logic, you may worship a strand of hair form the head of the Virgen Mary but not the Virgen Mary herself, and still be "abstainig" from idol worship.

changeling

• knock knock
    knock knock

Wasn't there a time when they scoffed at the idea that germs even existed? I'm guessing it was from the Finished Mystery era but could have been later. Don't have time to research it now but that's a pretty good example of their "logic".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That people of the past who lived debauched lives and had sex and got drunk and thieved etc etc will get a resurrection into Paradise along with Catholic Inquisitors and their henchmen

but ordinary God fearing folk alive at Armageddon who simply fail to be convinced by the Witness offering 2 magazines , will be judged as wicked ones fit only for "the lake of fife , the second death"

How come the unrighteous who are dead get life but the unrighteous who are living, get death !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry - double hit

• dust
    dust

Only God (or was it Jesus? don't remember) is to decide who shall live and who shall not live.

According to WT theology, in order to live you need to be a JW.

The elders of the congregation can decide to disfellowship you. According to WT theology, that is a death sentence.

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

para

i have some idle thoughts---are they okay if i cut them up into fractions before thinking them? lol

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

you = living soul [body] + spirit => death = (0 + God's memory) => re-created copy = you again

JWs are completely illogical about their belief in the ressurection and by all accounts are enslaving themselves to a being who will not bring them back from the dead, but just make a copy of them to enjoy paradise in their place...as there is nothing left of them by their own belief system.

there is nothing to AWAKEN from the dead...no soul to carry anything from original to remade body...

if all you are when its over is data, there is nothing to stop that data from being made into a hundred new bodies and which one will be you?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The organization is god's earthly organization on earth, the only true faith in the world.......cough cough

It was a publishing house from conception, as it is today

• Scully
    Scully

I like the passages in Jeremiah where Jehovah tells Judah that he is going to destroy them on account of the "detestable" practice of sacrificing their sons and daughters to Ba'al, "a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart". (Jer 7:31; 19:5; 32:35)

How is it, then, that JWs have no reservations about sacrificing their own sons and daughters on the WT altar, by refusing blood transfusions for them? Is child sacrifice now acceptable to Jehovah, or is it still something he would consider to be "detestable", meriting execution for those who commit this crime against children?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit