We are the small tip of the tip of an iceberg

by ThomasCovenant 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am the only one that comes on this web site or some other sites, not my 4 siblings in the pic., 4 of 5 of us went to Brooklyn Bethel in the late 60's & thru the 70's. We have all left 20 years ago. That's okay, they have gone on in positive ways. Conversations about the JW world still goes on by us tho frequently, I keep them posted about the news posted here or on: freeminds.org. Back when we went out, we had some contacts with others elsewhere leaving JW world but contacts were by phone mostly (expensive then). We had an early 'apostafest' (not called that then) in the mid/late 80s, including Ray Franz at a hotel conference room here in Phoenix, AZ. with TV coverage You all are now so 'lucky' :) to have the Internet to have regular contacts with each each other. I am encouraged to see so many leaving.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ...as ex exJW's.

Good thoughts, ThomasCovenant. I share your positive outlook and hopes.

On the thought of moving on with their lives as ex exJW's, great for them.
    I will move on one day, but not as an ex exJW. I will always remember what
    the cult did to me, and I will always carry some burden. I will move on, but it
    will be as an exJW. I will always be willing to discuss it with anyone to help
    them or their family.

Certainly, many who have moved on will do the same. I just envy those that
    are able to virtually forget about this part of their life. Some didn't lose family
    or friends over the JW's, but still carry guilt or warped thinking. Many are shunned.
    Some have tried to take their own lives, perhaps a few succeeded. I just mention
    the sad situations because it is good that others are there for them.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great topic, TC.

I think the major trend in my neck of the woods is apathy.

Exactly, SirNose586.

That is the death of any organization.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I will always be an ex-JW. It defined my life.

Unfortunately.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Brigido,

You should post more. That was an excellent post!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit