New Arrangement for Assemblies

by Save My Soul 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I was recently told of a new arrangement for assembly speakers. I was told that the body of elders can give the reccomendation for any brother to have a part on the assembly. The excuse was to allow everyone the chance to TEACH, How Loving of the GB.

When I was young, only Pioneer elders were giving parts. I once met Larry Grahmn on an assembly part at Dodger Stadium. Now a MS can share the spirit with the faithful. I assume that they are running out of elders that can still walk, have vision and don't depend on Depends.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I was told that the body of elders can give the reccomendation for any brother to have a part on the assembly.

**** Running back to the kingdom hall to iniate re-instatement proceedings... Wanna get my picture on the front page of the Watchtower explaining 586 to the uneducated at the assembly... Gonna procure 5 copies from my deluded brothers...****

• Gopher
    Gopher

SMS,

Am I correct to assume that you are referring to circuit assembly assignments, and not summer / district convention ones?

They must be looking to liven things up a bit. The key word in your post is "RECOMMENDATION", I think it'll still be a lot of the same good-ol-boys who will get the juicy assignments.

• moshe
    moshe

The old geezer elder/pioneers just don't move the masses. They love the younger dynamic speakers. What happened to the likes of Bro Charlie (stay alive 'tll 75) Sinutko? He is 72 and living in a trailer park in California- they can't really use him anymore can they? When I called him recently he was not at all sorry for his many talks that hyped 1975- the end of 6000 years of creation. He was duped by his own talks, too wasn't he?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they just want loud booming speakers to read the scripts.

• RR
    RR

Most of them can't even read the scripts!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

....he specificially mentioned, DC

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The key word in your post is "RECOMMENDATION", I think it'll still be a lot of the same good-ol-boys who will get the juicy assignments.

It will be an ass-kissing party that gets some Ministerial Servants to give whole talks. I am sure the best ones
    will get up there, but they will tstick to the party line, so what difference does it really make?

This is as mentioned, due to the need for young blood up there. An MS who gets these assignments will be
    fast-tracked to elder, then he's a god. LOL.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

He also mentioned he was tired of the same old boring speakers. I think the Key is, they are probably running out of qualified elders.

That is Great news!!!!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This has been in place for at least a few years. When I was an acting PO I helped with some reccommendations. My name was put in the following year. It took WT moving the DC's to the small Assembly Halls and Bethelites leaving New York City for me to get any parts though.

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit