New Arrangement for Assemblies

by Save My Soul 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Sorry not buying this one.

The only way a MS will get a Circuit or district assignment (not including school talks on Circuit assembly TMS) is in a small foreign language district where there are not enough brothers.

Otherwise there are no changes

Trust me on this one

• bud2114
    bud2114

This is new - letter from Brooklyn just received (no scan yet). The letter lists all kinds of criteria for the elders to recommend certain brothers to do parts on the assemblies - especially the district level.

Although, it does not come out and say so, I know they have been getting a lot of complaints about the poor speakers and lifeless parts on the assemblies. The parts at the convention I attended in Winston-Salem NC, for example, were horrible the last two years especially. The same highly respected brother (old geezer) was allowed to assign the parts and rather than choose the best speakers he gave them to all his uneducated cronies. Of course, he kept the best parts for himself. Last year he did the dedication talk in which he droned on for nearly 20 min past his allotted time. And this year he assigned himself the last part on Saturday so he could release the new book. This part was a manuscript part (to be read only) and he absolutely butchered it. Obviously unprepared, he lost his place dozens of times and when he got to the end he started to hold up the book at least 4 times before he got the sentence out. He looked and sounded ridiculous. Sitting through it was pure torture and of course it went 10 min over.

Having the best speakers is more crucial than ever since all the same stuff has been regurgitated so often that the assemblies have become nothing more than a snoozefest - at least down here anyway.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well the most available brothers are usually the most unhire-able. They have time because they are complete idiots and can't hold down a job of the most limited and simple means.

Most of the qualified speakers would rather make a living.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit