anyone writing about Dave Madzay obviously never new him!!!!!!!!!!!!

by donna4174 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• sass_my_frass
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    I knew Dave since I was just a kid, and grew up in his Cong. He was certainly a much loved and very carismatic person who despite his prominent position still had the "common touch". It was very sad to see his life take a tragic turn, and very tragic that so many ignored him in his final years. I remember one of the things he used to do was occassionally on a Sunday if it was a hot day, he would get up on the platform after the morning meeting and announce that their was no field service and we were going to have a picnic at the beach instead. He was clearly a very indiepndent thnker, and quite entrepeneurial, which is probably a part of why he ultimately did not fit into the borg as it became a place where everyone had to be the same and there was no place for inividuals. I rememeber going door to door with him one day when I was probably about 15 and talking about what I planned to do when I left school. I mentioned I would like to be a journalist but it would mean going to University (which was a big no no at the time), and he actually said it was a good choice and encouraged me to go for it.

Sounds like my kind of elder!

This thread continues...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/142370/3.ashx

• yesidid
    yesidid
    occassionally on a Sunday if it was a hot day, he would get up on the platform after the morning meeting and announce that their was no field service and we were going to have a picnic at the beach instead.

Perhaps someone could tell me why I find it a little difficult to comprehend that a brother looking after the service desk in a branch office would do the above, even "occasionally".

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Perhaps someone could tell me why I find it a little difficult to comprehend that a brother looking after the service desk in a branch office would do the above, even "occasionally".

Maybe that's why he was DF'd. He, like Ray Franz, didn't like service. But, we shall never know. Those who apparently know why he was DF'd only come here to say our speculations are wrong then call us demons and hi-tail it out of here. Sort of like how I ask my family questions about JW doctrines and they just get mad and ask me why I need to question "the truth". I have yet to get one god damn answer from anyone!!!!

• noni1974
    noni1974

That name jumped out at me.I've heard it lots of times before.I grew up in Cleveland Ohio where he was from.My family may have known him.I know I've heard that name plenty of times before.If anyone really knew him can you please tell me if he was or had been from the West Side KH in Cleveland Ohio??That's where I grew up.This guy may have at one time been a good friend of my Grandpa who was a printer as well.It would make sence because my Mom's family moved to Cleveland in the early 1950's and went to the Westside hall up in till the late 90's.

• Ben57
    Ben57

Dave was the Australian Branch Overseer at one time. He did have an office and printing business near the old Strathfield Bethel offices. When the New facilities was built at Denham Court NSW it was known that he used to brew his own beer in a shed down on the farm property. One night he was pulled up and booked for drink driving. Because of his position it had to be seen that he was not above every one else and was Dfd. Unfortunately, from what I was told, his use of alcohol lead to an an early death due to alcohol related problems

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I find that hard to believe. I know a case here of a brother that got done for DIC ( drunk in charge), and he just got his privileges removed. Mind you he was only just over the legal limit. I can understand perhaps them kicking his arse out of bethel but DFing him!!!! Come on.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Oh ok. Just read the above post. He was an alcoholic. That put a different stance on things in dubbie land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit