Stupid things that happened as a Witness...

by ballistic 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Anyone got any stupid questions they were asked or things that happened as a Witness?

When I was at school, a kid asked me "If you don't celebrate birthdays, how do you know how old you are?"

• radar
    radar

My work colleague once said that because JWs eat eggs, they are in fact stealing from the mother hen and so will not inherit the kingdom of God because thieves are not let in.

Radar

• Mulan
    Mulan

My youngest son was trying to explain why we didn't celebrate birthdays, when he was in 4th grade, telling about John the Baptist being beheaded. One of the kids said "we never cut anyone's head off at our parties."

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Mulan,

That story is priceless, thanks for the laugh.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Questions asked many times:

Are you Jewish?

Do you believe in Jesus?

Don't you feel sad that you don't get Christmas presents?

And one year I was chosen to take part in some "gifted" classes. The school was just starting to incorporate some special activities and fun things for gifted students. I was so bored in school and I looked forward to doing this. My parents weren't sure if it was good or not so they asked the elders about it. Guess what they said?

aaarrrrrggghhhhh,

so stupid

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Stupid comment made BY a Witness to me.

"People don't think we're Christian because we don't celebrate Christmas"made by my wife's ex husband while discussing what we'd do with the kids during holidays (they get gifts and we have a tree of course.

"He's trustworthy, he's a Jehovah's Witness" made by my wife to a neighbor whose son was in trouble, and running around with my step son, the neighbor was concerned about our step son's influence. The look on the guys face was great. Like being a church memeber makes you honest.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I was trying to answer one of my school friends about why he was a bad association and he said that I was worse then him!

Slipnslidemaster:"It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."

- Jerome K. Jerome

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

I believe that Slipnslidemaster!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Stupid things that happened as a witness? Geez everyday was life in the twilight zone.

Tuesday was the weirdest day in our house. It was floor washing day and we were forbiddden entry between 9am and 5pm (mum washed the floors then sat back and enjoyed the soaps .. Days of our wives, General Hospital etc..)

We couldn't wait for easter Tuesday so mum felt OK buying hot cross buns and chocolate eggs (in accordance with apostate Pauls instructions concerning things sacraficed to idols)

Tuesday evening book study was in our house and it was my job to cover the terrazo mermaid on the bathroom floor with a towel lest someone see her bellybutton or little boobs.

unc who has about 20 entries for Tuesday alone ;)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Unclebruce, to this DAY, I still hate Tuesdays and Thursdays and I haven't been to a meeting in years.

pierced Angel, oh you DO do ya??!?!

Slipnslidemaster:"It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."

- Jerome K. Jerome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit