Stupid things that happened as a Witness...

by ballistic 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

During one of the first couple of days of my first field service activity, we were riding down the street when I exclaimed,

"Look, there's Sister Love."

Everyone was stretching their neck to find Sister Love.

Then I showed them the sign in a front yard.
    It was an advertisement by a Fortune Teller.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Anemia was an on going problem with me in my childhood. Because of the Anemia I would occasionally pass out. While out in field service one very hot Saturday morning (Approx. 12 years old) I was speaking to a householder. Peering into the door you could see several of the 60-70's black light posters hanging in the hallway, some of which were graphic in nature depending on how the black light hit the poster.

While speaking to the householder I passed out (probably from the heat and anemia) I fell right off the porch into the bushes. My sandals stayed exactly where I was standing. The householder ran to get me a glass of water. The sisters I was with told the householder that I needed no water from her.

I was confused as to why I could not drink the water and that's when one of the sisters said "The house is demonized!!!! We must leave at once." While in the car on the way home the sister swore she saw a demon "Knock me over, while coming out of one of the posters and it was quite obvious since my shoes were exactly where I was standing." To say the least they scared the crap out of me.

Today I laugh about the entire episode. And wish I had some of those cool posters.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

I was looking for my Ministry School bulletin. I figured the person next to me had taken it. I was INDIGNANT! HOW DARE HE TAKE MY BULLETIN!

Then I delicately, but directly, removed it from his hand while he was reading it. After all, who was he to take "MY" bulletin.

A minute later, as he watched, I discover mine; I HAD TAKEN HIS!!

RED-FACED, I gave him mine, since I had already put my name on his.

He leaned over to me and softly and politely asked,

"Did you like mine better?"

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

This is an experience that was relayed to me by a very good friend that lives in Capay California. He has a great dislike for the Jehovah's Witnesses because of what had happened to his family. I will not go into that.

He owns property in Capay CA. When you drive off highway 16 to get to his place, you have to drive about a mile down a dirt road that has several NO JW signs posted.

> http://www.geog.ucsb.edu/~rtaylor/njw/njwndx.html

His neighbors and himself were tired of the JWs and their continued calls. Well, sure enough a car load of JWs came down the road on a Saturday morning ignoring the signs. I guess they thought Jehovah would protect them. The first house they stopped at was one house down from my friend. Two JWs knocked on this persons door and when the guy came out all hell broke lose. To make a long story short a rock fight broke out between two of the JWs and this guy at the door. My friend saw the war taking place and called the Sheriff, a friend of his, and the car load of JWs were sited for trespassing.

I thought this was one of the craziest and stupid things I have heard as far as JWs going door to door. I wish someone would have taped this.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The stupidest thing that happened on field service was when our CO insisted it was illegal to take 3 persons in the back of a car (which is not true unless specified in your insurance) so it left me having to get back on my bike and pedal 5 miles to the territory.

But then again perhaps it was me that was stupid, I should have knocked a door first in order to be allowed to count the trip!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Grade 1. Teacher brought in Hot dogs for a treat for lunch. No holiday, just a treat. A classmate asked me , Why can't you have hot dogs. Well I replied, because they have blood in them! Are you ever stupid she said.....that's ketchup!!

Do you remember? JW kids were the only ones to hate weekends!

• target
    target

We were just weeks away from the Presidential election when my mother made the comment that since JWs don't vote, they should not get any government benefits. With glee I pointed out to her that she had never voted in her entire life and she had no excuse. At least I had a reason. That year she went and voted.

• spike
    spike

We were helping special pioneers work territory down South. The area was very poor and of black ethnic. I went on a bible study with my pioneer partner. We didn't see an outside toilet. I had to use the restroom and asked to use hers. The study left and came back with a dusty toilet or bedpan and set it in the middle of the room for me. I was very modest in those days. We didn't want to stumble her, so my partner said it was against our religion to use bedpans. so I excused myself and went outside.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Our congregation was taking on the role of "host" for organizing a local district assembly. As a pioneer, I got the chance to take a district oveerseer with me out on a Bible study. My study was with two Hispanic boys, only one of which could speak English fairly well and he would in turn translate for his younger brother.

The D.O. was late meeting with me and I didn't get a chance to tell him anything about the study as we walked up to their door at the scheduled time. I offered prayer, and in the background the Hispanic householder was softly translating it to his brother.

Immediately after the prayer, the District Oveerseer jumped up and yelled that there were demons in the house and told me to flee for my life. He ran screaming out the door, even left his bookbag in the house.

I looked at the two boys (teenagers) and they looked at me and all he said, was something like "weird hombre." I excused myself and took the bookbags and went out to where my car was. The D.O. wasn't there. I found out later he shit himself he was so scared and had to run to a local service station where he called one of the elders to immediately come and get him.

The stupid thing was, none of the elders believed what I said, that there was nothing weird going on. They told me that I was simply not spiritually advanced enough to realize that demons were there. They also forbid me to return to the house and marked it off on our territory card.

The only good things that came from the whole incident is that it put another coffin nail in my belief structure and I probably saved those two boys from getting mind fucked by joining the Witnesses.

Skipper

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Skipper your story so far is the best one.

some pretty demons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit