Stupid things that happened as a Witness...

by ballistic 33 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Slipslider,

I hate Sundays myself but that's Mondays fault ;)

cheers, unc.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Trying to impress a man out in service one day, I mentioned to him that Jehovah's Witnesses spent over 900 million hours in the preaching work last year!

The man promptly replied, 'Thats impossible, there is not that many hours in a year!

Outaservice

P.S. I was forced to agree with him!

• not interested
    not interested

One day a associate of mine (cakked an asociate b/c i couldnt have worldy friends) was over helping me put a transmision in my truck. We got to talking about religon,and he asked if it was true thay witnesses had to ask people i for dinner if they happened to stop by while we were eating. just after i got done telling him that that was the stupidest thing i had ever heard. my mother comes out and asked him to stay for dinner.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Being told by my x sis-in-law's mother that "Jehovah didn't create the little children, Jesus did." This is the same woman who refused to believe that artificial insemination was used on women and not just farm animals!

• Tammie
    Tammie

I guess the most HATEFUL thing that was said to me when I was a JW. My husband had committed adultry with the next door woman, (I was pregnate with our second child at the time). I went to my mom and talked to her about it. This is what she told me to do. "Since you are the chirstan here, you need to go over and talk with that other woman, to take the bad light off of Jehovah's orgization." I never done that, because I wanted to kill that neiborly woman.

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

1. They had to decide who was Car Captain.
    Duties were to decide who would get out of
    the car, where the car would stop, and when
    a call was over.

2. Then they wanted to have a co-Captain,
    which was some kind of assistant to decide
    what we would do in the car, when others
    had left for a call.

Finally, I exclaimed, "CUT THE CRAP, LET'S GO."

I made a lot of friends on that day.

• target
    target

My mother, who was not a JW, said we did not believe in Jesus if we didn't even celebrate Christmas. I told her that Jesus himself did not celebrate Christmas. She said "Of course not! He was Jewish!"

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Thomas,

hahaahh!! And what about the agonizing decision on where to go on break? There were certain people you tried to not get stuck in a group with because they somehow always managed to get us all agree to the same crummy place...or else the die hard who insisted we didn't take any breaks at all.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Retracking our steps to find a new brother in field service who'd remained behind at a door only to find him lugging books and literature that a smug householder had placed with him. The householder had told him to brush up on his information and the humble brother had replied thanks, he would.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL@ Not Interested (typical)

ROTF@ Thomas P, You take the cake! That was too funny.

Tammie - very sad (totally unbelievable .. but i believe it)

KNOCK KNOCK!

WHO'S THERE?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

WHAT!?

WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

WHO DID WHAT?!

LISTEN LOVE, I'LL SLIDE A TRACT UNDER YER DOOR.

YOU'RE GONNA WHAT?

BYE!

NO I DON'T WANNA BUY ANYTHING!

WE'LL BE OFF NOW!

I'VE ALREADY GOT ONE! GO AWAY!

etc...

Typical day witnessing in old people land ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit