DID YOU HAVE RUBBISH SPEAKERS IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Um - the one who every time he gave a Service Meeting part, he simply read the KM article slowly and in a peaceful monotone, guaranteeing to put you to sleep?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The sound system in pretty much any KH I was ever in always SUCKED!

BB

• NvrKssdNObutt
    NvrKssdNObutt

worst speaker i ever heard was bill mounce ---- he once said "the only person ever allowed to sign his name to an article in the watchtower was a brother named ed" It seems ed got to post answers to questions from readers

james t

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We had the little round cheap ones from radio shack they installed them in the ceiling. They seemed to work pretty good. I wouldnt want to play rock and roll through them, though.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux
    "the only person ever allowed to sign his name to an article in the watchtower was a brother named ed" It seems ed got to post answers to questions from readers

yeah, good ole "ed"

• ness
    ness

there were too many to mention...i mean public speaking isn't for everybody ya know. there were also very good speakers, charismatic almost.

• Gregor
    Gregor

For some reason I developed a knack for it and was requested to give talks to neighboring congs. a lot. When a new set of outlines arrived I usually got 2 or 3. I think I gave "The Godly View of Sex and Marriage" about 30 times. Some elders never gave Pub Talks because they just flat coudn't do it. I recall a few who tried but were totally inept. One brother in particular had a real problem with facial tics when he was speaking. His whole face was in constant movement, especially his mouth. he would form two or three expressions between every pause, he looked like one of those kissing gourami fish. Nobody could take their eyes off his face.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

YES.

These "rubbish speakers" in my hall are elders.

When a MS gives an outstanding public talk and the audience hems in around him after the meeting to thank him for such a wonderful part, these elders stay far clear from this brother and NEVER offer any commendation. Yes, I've seen it oh so many times. I often was the MS.

"Oh how can a lowly MS be so excellent with his teaching skills? Aren't we, the elders, the highly qualified and experienced ones?"

Doesn't that senerio remind of you of the Pharisees?

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The speakers themselves in our Hell were adequate for their purposes, about in line with any PA system.

The people that gave talks are crap. I have heard one person that every other phrase out of his mouth is a "Hmm", "You know", or some other sound that is nothing more than a space filler. Another always said "[an article] brought out" at least 50 times per talk. Forgetting people's names is common, at that among the lead hounder (I bet they don't forget their names when they have to do hounding calls!).

These fluency deficiencies aside, most of them only cared about getting ever more out of people. We need to give more money to the Kingdumb Hell so we can have a surplus to send to the Mother Organization, of which there was no shortage of announcements. Everyone needs to pioneer. Pioneer...or DIE! Keep your distance from the opposite sex; after all, we don't want single brothers getting married (or worse yet, doing fornication) so they can't do more than themselves plus kids (I wish that statement would have got them thrown back into kindergarten arithmentic classes). No one ever had any fully integrated suggestions to make the total program work for people, get them comfortable, and then allow them to do more efficiently without putting excessive strain on the members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit