DID YOU HAVE RUBBISH SPEAKERS IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• frogit
    frogit

Yes most are still are very poor at speaking and delivering talks, but it was not just the lack lustre speaking, but the lack of anything of use to speak about. I was good and public speaking and made the most of the "outline" to try and make the Talk as interesting as possible, but I was wasting my efforts, it was just crap that I was presenting.

The world is full of great understanding, but I spent most of my life being taught rubbish by rubbish speakers (who I looked up to), and thought wrongly that this was gods' spirit directed organisation on Earth, I now read and look for true and stimulating material that helps me have a fulfilled meaningful life!

Don't go to any KH and expect good speakers that present anything other then delusional teachings.....

frogit

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Yeah, we had some bad ones but some good ones aswell.

I really felt sorry for this Brother who had a really bad stutter and he would stutter all the way through his talks, but i had to admire him for having the courage to do them with such an impediment as he had.

• tfjw
    tfjw

One of the Kingdom Halls in New York had a horrible sound system. They were easily interfered with by CB radios outside and hearing devices. For example, one elderly sister used one of those "whisper 2000" devices to hear better and everything she said or did (every move and bodily function) came through on the speakers. She had a habit of eating peanuts during the watchtower study and you could hear the munching.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ok, I thought you meant folks who SWORE, not bad equipment or those with no speech skills. I was going to say that my mom let out with the occasional 'bad' word. Damn, sh**, and one time when I was a teenager, a memorable f**k.

My husband worked with a JW I have known since before HE was a JW. He is an elder now and has horrible language. He uses so much filthy language at work that he is notable-and this in a factory FILLED with thousands of factory workers. He actually mentioned the guys name while describing how he had offended the group around him and I realized that he was my old next door neighbor, husband of my mom's best friend(who is the nicest person I ever knew in the congregation, and in the top 10 of my life). He is an elder now. At work he surfs the net looking for new toys to put on his motorcycles. My husband didn't know he was a JW. But he knew his son (same factory) was. I think the son is an elder also. I am assuming he takes after his mom.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Oops, double post.

BTW, the speakers (mechanical) in the halls I have been in were fine. The humans-some great, some not so great. Not too many that were awful but there were a couple of real cringers. I went to the memorial a few years ago and the old guy (144K) gave a super talk. If I could have gotten past the rubbish he was speaking, I ld have enjoyed being in his hall, he seemed like an interesting old guy with a lot of insight. He also seemed to focus a lot more on Christ than most JW speakers, and at the time that impressed me.

• ness
    ness

"The Godly View of Sex and Marriage"
    wow, my dad used to give this talk. i pretty much remember the outline by heart...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit