Interesting announcement made at the Assembly

by mind my own 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mind my own
    mind my own

This goes back a year ago, my mom was trying to get me to go to the district convension b/c there was a MAJOR announcement being made. Of course I didn't go (why go back after all these years?). Anyway, she called me when it was over and I asked her what the announcement was. She said: The announcement is that we are in the Great Tribulation now...it has already started.

Instantly that old familiar scared feeling kicks in (good old scare tactics work every time!). I got over the panicked feeling in a hurry, but I am wondering: did anyone else hear about this?? That is the first and last time I heard about it so I am wondering if my mom was being dramatic and trying to get me to come back to "the truth".

Comments?

MMO

• Gopher
    Gopher

Several posters from this board attended part or all of the summer conventions (both this year and last). If such an announcement had been made, you probably could have known about it before your mother did. You can get your "inside JW" scoop straight here.

Mom isn't right this time.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I heard the same thing in the 60`s and 70`s..It was bullsh*t then..It`s bullsh*t now...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont understand, When I was a witnoid they taught that the tribulation would come before armegedon. Armegedon was back in 75.

They must be on to some other crisis by now.

• avengers
    avengers

There is life after seventy five

Oh shoot, that was 32 years ago.

You don't need a pension. Why pay for something you're never gonna use?

You don't have to buy a house. After 75 Armageddon you can take any house you want.

I really would like to thank the WT for screwing up my life.

Thank you, thank you.

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Oh! Dude that was so funny that picture of that crazy looking kid on the front of the WatchTower, Dude its a keeper!

This would be a good test if yall have cajones, send a picture of that to your remaining family and friends in the troof.

The ones that reply and say that a good one then it means they are not completly zombied.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

The tribulation?

Started?

Whew. I was worried they had announced we weren't to be saving seat again.

RD

• Es
    Es

I rememeber if it was the same convention it was like 7 or 8 years ago and it was an International Convention. I rememeber everyone saying there will be a big announcement on the Sunday I think it was, It was the same old crap that I didnt even realise the big announcement and till I asked someone hehehe.

es

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

There was an Elder at our old hall who said (from the platform) that the Great Tribulation had already started. This was about 4-5 years ago. Of course, this particular Elder said many kooky things. He was one of those people who wanted everyone to think that he was smart, so he would always come up with something off the wall then explain it via some convoluted explanation. The really sickening part was that this congregation (average IQ-47) ate it up! Audible oohs and ahhs I had permanent bruises on my chin from my jaw constantly hitting the floor the whole time we attended that congregation.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I think the "Babylon the Great has Fallen-God's Kingdom Rules" book about 1969 said we had been in the Great Tribulation since 1914 or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit