Why I have issues with Christianity

by bigwilly 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Warlock
    Warlock

Personally, I don't have a problem with people trying to preach to me. If you happen to come to my door with your "message", I will even invite you in.

We all did it and, as we all know from having the same experience, sometimes we weren't treated very kindly.

Willy, I'm glad you were patient with her.

Warlock

• 5go
    5go

I like it when some one says christians are not supposed to be judgemental. Though they are not to be mixing with sinners, ( I know it's all Paul's fault he wrote against what Jesus Christ said what ever ) so as to not fall into their sin as well. Which requires one to judge who is sinning to much so as not to go near them to have it rub off. Which forces one to become judgemental to please their god.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I know what you mean Kenan..(I'm sorry I just can't say Bigwilly and still be serious lol)

I think you're referring to christian fundamentalists. Not all christians. Self righteousness and high horsie ness (?) isn't just limited to JW's you know. And as for Narkissos observation about western secularism I am in full agreement. But that also comes from being taught from so little in the school system that your country is the best and has the best political system....Of course most of the people who have this opinion have never experienced life outside the U.S.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Ringo that is the point I am trying to make, the gospel certainly doesn't approve of the actions of the Catholic church in past times against so called witches and heretics. Anyway most of them were neither witches nor heretics.

But the Koran approves of barbaric practices such as stoning or hunging for sexual misdeeds and cutting off of hands for theft that are out of place in the modern world.

• 5go
    5go
    Koran approves of barbaric practices such as stoning or hunging for sexual misdeeds and cutting off of hands for theft that are out of place in the modern world.

How does the Christian one do any better. Cut off their hand, then forgive them for what ever.

• ness
    ness

the Koran is barbaric? ppft, anyone read the old testament lately?

• Apostate Kate2
    Apostate Kate2

In my mind and heart I see a complete contrast between religion and one who truly has decided to follow Jesus and all his teachings. He was gentle, sensitive and loving. He communicated with people in a way that was never confrontational except for the self righteous religious people.

My faith is manifest in my life as caring and loving as many people as I can. When ASKED why I will tell them because I follow Jesus and this is what Jesus would have done.

The problem today is people are followers. If they follow a Christian leader, televangelist, pastor or anyone and anything other than the simple beauty of Jesus they may act in ways that are rude, even hateful. That is so sad.

We have a mega church in my town that does not have 1 charity. The food ministry is provided by a dedicated older man who is going blind and his dedicated wife. they feed the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the homeless, the mentally ill and their children when no one else gives a dam abouth them. His facility is too small and very old. He has a crew of sweet poor followers of Jesus helping him cook and distribute food all week.

It's about who they are following. In the mega church the beautiful people have peppy music and nice cars in the parking lot. They have plush cushiony seats, they follow the clean charismatic humorous pastor. The food ministry has old wobbly plastic chair and a beat up old man leading it. It is human nature to not want to be out of your comfort zone.

In other words; the man leading the food ministry does not have time to bother people on the telephone, he is too busy going about his way. The megachurch people have the idea that you should be like them. They mean well but are a little misguided.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit