The scotsman returns - but he is not the same....

by The Scotsman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

The 2520 "day" 607 - 1914 stuff hasn't (to my knowledge - I left in '99) been in any frontline bible study book since the "Live Forever" book which was replaced by the "Knowledge" book () in '95

It's an appendix in the current primary study book, "What Does the Bible Really Teach" - i.e., it is now considered "optional" to cover that point.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome back, The Scotsman

Try and stick around, there are loads here who have been in your situation and can benefit you with their experience when you need it.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

It is not pleasant to sit at a meeting and thinking to yourself, "I do not believe what he/she just said".

I have a head full of doubts....

I was brought up in the truth – aged 30 something!
    Wife is a JW, no kids. Most of the families in both sides are in the truth.

Scotsman - i was/am in your exact shoes. I'm currently 30 something, wife in, no kids, most family both sides in.

Two years ago I was exactly where you are now - just finding out about 1914/607. The path is long, the journey is not easy, but it is well worth it for your own sanity.

The 607/1914 date is also what started me to actually thinking for myself, examining the viewpoints I had hammered into me for 30+ years. There is much to learn - make sure and examine all evidence with critical thinking. Best of wishes as you carefully start to examine what you've been taught against what the Bible actually says.

I'm so far undergoing a successful fade without too much hassle, though most my family live a ways away and are not aware. However, i'm beginning to find the strength to want to speak up to them regardless of the consequences. I still have many decisions to make myself. Feel free to PM w/ any questions or to ask about other material I've found.

Sincerely,

Morph

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Scotsman,

I remember when you first started posting. You were diligent enough to tough it out while you could. There is value in that. Stand up for what you believe in. Then that will only further deepen your beliefs because it will force you to find solice and peace in your truth.

Yes, stand up firmly in what you believe in. If someone questions you about it, then there is the opportunity to examine your beliefs. That is what you did. That is what many of of did.

Do you believe everything in the local newspaper? Do you read everything in the local newspaper?

Okay?

Do you believe everything in the WTS publications? Do you read everything in the WTS publications?

For you to be in the WTS corporation and associating with JW, the only way for you to survive and endure in terms of not wanting to leave/fade/DA/DF (for family or other reasons), then you will have to believe and read ONLY what you are confident in.

With the local newspaper, some only read the comics. Some only read the editorials. Some only read the classifieds. Some only read world headlines. Some of what we read in the newspapers have a significant bearing on our lives. Some of what we read don't. Yes, people don't believe all what they read nor do all people read everything in the papers. The same with the WTS publications.

Stick to what you firmly believe in. But you must back it up. Otherwise, its unbelievable.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Scottsman!

WB!

If only Arthur could have still been around, lol.

Glad to see you tho, and with your thinking cap on too.

Your other posts seemed sincere enough, but the fact they were here of all places made me think you were feeling doubts you couldn't even admit to yourself. Like in the matrix when the just knew something was off.

I understand perfectly why it was so nice for you to be able to think 'I didn't agree with what he just said' while at the meeting. It's like a breath of mental fresh air after a winter shut in with stale renditions of other people's thoughts.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't understand as well as I thought, but consider, that maybe it IS nice? Just a little?

I don't mean to be a 'moaner', but I'm happy for ya, man!

At the danger of sounding like a broken record, have you considered doing some independent study? Reading a book or two that are full of fresh ideas you never let yourself think before?

CoC comes to mind, but I highly recommend Captives of a Concept because it's shorter, easier to read, and is a 5 buck pdf DL that is easier to hide from WTS trained family than a twelve pound copy of CoC.

Am I right, Stillin_74?

Not dissin Ray, or his book, or saying you wouldn't benefit from reading it, Just saying, is all.

Glad to see ya back, scottsy,

Rollerdave (of the '500 posts, where's my "congrats" thread?' sheep class)

• ninja
    ninja

congrats roller dave ...you old "500 post"er you......ninja

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

TY Ninja!

I was gonna hold number 500 for just a bit, but I was so happy to see scottsman come back that I HAD to.

lol

RD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome back Scotsman..Since you left,I recieved a gift..500 shares in the Rand Cam engine corp......The WBT$ and I are now fellow share holders in Rand Cam!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

I can only think of the following scriptures:

Proverbs 3: 13 Happy is the man that has found wisdom, and the man that gets discernment,

Ecclesiastes1:18For in the abundance of wisdom there is an abundance of vexation, so that he that increases knowledge increases pain.

So here we find that knowledge is good but with that comes the burden of responsiblity. As the saying goes "Ignorance is Bliss" but the "Truth will set you Free". Free from what though. IMHO freedom from the slavery of men. The WTBS is run by men, and men can choose to serve Jah or themselves. The Apostle Paul said in 1Cor 7:23 Y OU were bought with a price; stop becoming slaves of men.

Please do not follow the recent "ENDORSEMENTS" of the WTBS, please read your Bible and search the scriptures (hebrew and greek) as ENDORSED BY THE BIBLE 1 Thes 5:28 Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.or as other translations render it "Test all things, hold fast to what is good" or Acts 17:11 follow the example fo the Beroeans carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

Jesus said in Mt 11:25-30 "Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU . 29 Take my yoke upon YOU and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and YOU will find refreshment for YOUR souls. 30 For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”.

God bless and keep you and yours safe

Y

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    A group from the cong going to the italy game.

well i might see you then..

i do stewarding at hampden.

what cong is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit