Transcript Of My KH's Discussion Of Sept. 2007 KM QFR

by Justitia Themis 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• marmot
    marmot

Hi, first time poster here. I just thought I'd comment briefly that I disagreed with the KM question box discussed at last night's service meeting. It stung because I'd been doing some research into the issue of the flood and when I finally got the guts to bring up my concern, I was shown this question box sort of as a "cease and desist and trust in Jehovah" court order. I was told to read the Insight book and study the WT CD to answer my questions about why the society clings to an interpretation of the Noachian deluge that is completely impossible to substantiate with science. Trust me, I've read and re-read all that the society has ever written on the subject of the flood and none of it was convincing. Now, I'm being practically labelled a "rebel" who refuses to trust in Jehovah for doubting what I know to be outright wrong. As an aside, the transcript originally posted above of the service meeting KM discussion was downright tame compared to the Orwellian seven-minute hate that took place last night at the hall. People were practically spitting into the microphone with venom and talking in exasperated tones about how they "couldn't believe that people would be so ingrateful to Jehovah." I just kept my Bible open to 1 John 4:1 the entire time and clenched my jaw shut.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Check out my thread on the Sept. KM Question Box....I give a detailed analysis of the comments given in Justitia's post.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/142137/2.ashx

• erandir
    erandir

marmot, welcome to the forum! In spite of what the KM question box has to say, you keep up that independent research. You've already seen how they are using this new question box to attempt to shut off the minds of their followers. Thanks for the example of an elder using this information so soon to quelch independent study.

• uninformed
    uninformed

JT--great job.

C- Right we can stick close to Jehovah and his organization, so paragraph 5 talks about where can we find abundant material suitable for Bible study and meditation? So, we’re not getting it from all these independent studies…bro elder. It made me think about somebody who has taken up Greek and so on has way too much time on their hands, so if we think about the things we can learn out of the Insight book and the volumes and if you want to go back father, you can go back to the Aid book, and to all the IS book, and things like that. Certainly there is a wealth of information. Very few of us run out of spiritual information, and very few of us run out of spiritual reading material and that’s where the true benefit really is.

The reason they never run out is that it changes every few days. For instance, do they still teach the same re: blood, neutrality, tribulation, generation, 7000 year long creative days, elder arrangement, same or different?, marriage, children, education??????????????????????

Jerks,

Brant

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Welcome Marmot!

It isn't easy trying to contain yourself under those circumstances that you described. However, you found yourself here and posting. How do you feel now? Yes, you can say what you like. Many of us understand as some of us are in the same boat as you are.

We hope to keep hearing from you!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Justia

How did you get the words down. Was this tape recorded or are you good at short hand???

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I tape recorded it. I do not want to post the recording because it could "out" me by identify to which congregation I belong via the names of the brothers and sisters.

Justitia

• Mary
    Mary
    I really appreciated 1 Tim, 1: 3 ‘I was about to go my way into Macedonia so I do now that you might COMMAND certain ones not to teach different doctrines, nor to pay attention to false stories or to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish QUESTIONS for RESEARCH rather than dispensing anything by God in connection with the faith.” It just doesn’t get any clearer than that! It like Jehovah knew this situation was going to come up, and he saw fit to have it written for us, so that we would know, so that we would not be doing research on our own, causing questions, rather than what is dispensed by him.

This is just the stooooopidest comparison. I wrote this in another thread but I think it's worth repeating. The very first Christians were, of course, Jews. The Jews of that time would have placed an enormous amount of weight on their family geneaologies, possibly to see who amongst them were related in some way to Jesus. They could have done this up until on their family records were destroyed in 70CE. Obviously, this passtime was taking up alot of their time and they were told to knock it off, as tracing your family ancestory did not (or should not) mean anything in the newly formed Christian church.

How is comparing family histories ANYTHING like studying the Society's literature, in particular, the NWT, to see if it's accurate? There's absolutely no similarity there whatsoever. Those Witnesses that are doing this, are probably in shock that all their hard work and dedication is being condemned for no apparent reason. That reason is of course, that this is what caused the 'great apostacy' at Crooklyn Bethel in the early 1980s------it simply became obvious that the Governing Body haven't a clue what they're talking about and are a bunch of filthy liars.

If a 'purge' like this happened again, the fallout would be 100 times worse than when it happened to Ray. That's simply because of the internet and it could be flashed around the world to millions of Witnesses all at the same time

Crooklyn must really be getting scared if they have to write crap like this. Oh well.....give them enough rope and they'll eventually hang themselves. I hope I live to see it.

• Mary
    Mary
    It’s not only what they dispense, it’s the time. They do it in a timely manner, so brothers and sisters doing research on their own may stumble on something they think needs to be revealed right now, or maybe we have heard someone say, “You know, I knew that was going to come out someday,” well, now is the time, it wasn’t the time 10 years ago, and we see that over and over again. If we look at the history even in the last century how things were revealed slowly, even the book of Ezekiel about the spiritual temple, all that revealing throughout the 60s and 70s, it was all done in a timely manner, and in a way that we could benefit.

They should have provided one of these to every Witness who had to listen to that crap:

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

(wrong thread)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit