1st post

by bbdodger 40 Replies latest jw friends

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

welcome bbdodger!

I like your name

Thank you, I used my JW family's last name and a synonym for avoidance to come up with it.

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

oh, I've been out for nearly 20 years. It's amazing though how it can stick with you, it never ceases to pluck at your nerves.

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

The last JW funeral I attended was my Grandfather's funeral in 1996. All it really was... a commercial to try to get non-JWs to join the cult.

Disgusting.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    oh, I've been out for nearly 20 years. It's amazing though how it can stick with you, it never ceases to pluck at your nerves.

Oh man, I hope it doesn't pluck at my nerves for the next 20 years. Well, it might.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

at my father in law's funeral 7 years ago the brothers wanted a table put up right next to the entrance and decorate it with tracts and brochures-

my husband got to the kingdom hall early and moved the table next to the baby's room in the back corner of the hall- even though we were in the organizaton at the time and had just gotten reinstated, we both thought it was just insane to try to "preach" during a funeral.

oh and someone later moved the table back- *rolls eyes*

• bbdodger
    bbdodger

I was just thinking about this; While posting, and reviewing my username, and the fact that I used my email address to register on this site, I had this sneaky suspicion that I would be found out. Even still, it feels like someone is always watching my every move.

Does anyone else ever feel like they're going to be found out? I don't know why, but it's as if I'm concerned that I'm going to hurt a JWs feelings if they discover I'm posting here... even though most of them have no regard for mine. That's not fair.

I have to LET GO!

• rassillon
    rassillon

Welcome, find a seat and get comfortable.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, from your neighbor to the north.

You write very well, you get a "G" and you can move on to your next counsel point.

Nobody but the forum administrators have access to your e-mail address. Contact between posters on the board is through the personal message feature (just point to or click on a members name, and click 'send message'). As long as you keep things quite general and don't name names, you'll be able to remain anonymous if you wish.

As far as hurting any JW's feelings, I say just say what you honestly feel and let the chips fall where they may. This forum is therapeutic that way. If JW's feelings get hurt, what they should do is pray more, focus on studying for the meetings, and go out in the ministry MORE. That's their universal cure for everything, right?

• Serg
    Serg

Welcome to the forum!

I have personally found it to be of great support since I'm not completely "out" ... yet.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Welcome to the forum!

I agree with your comments about how certain things stick with you. I couldn't even look at a site like this til I was gone for over 10 years. I still had the apostate thing ringing around in my head...

Your not the only one, we are all in this together! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit