The Rumor Mill Never Stops

by R.F. 27 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron

Its funny how the rumours they like to hear are ones that make you look bad and them good.

The kind of rumour they can then say "See what happens when you leave Jehovah's organisation"

They never say things like "I hear you're doing well lately"

I have heard from sources that I have supposed to be living with a woman, become gay, and been in prison.

Yet if you were to say you had heard that a certain brother was a pedophile, or having an affair, or been caught stealing.

They don't believe a word of it, even

• aniron
    aniron

Its funny how the rumours they like to hear are ones that make you look bad and them good.

The kind of rumour they can then say "See what happens when you leave Jehovah's organisation"

I have heard from sources that I have supposed to be living with a woman, become gay, and been in prison.

Yet if you were to say you had heard that a certain brother was a pedophile, or having an affair, or been caught stealing.

They don't believe a word of it, even if

• aniron
    aniron

They don't believe a word of it, even if it

• aniron
    aniron

They don't believe a word of it, even if it was all over the newspapers.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Hi RF, hope things are going well.

Don't worry about the gossipers.

What I could never understand is the dubs always did everything the slave told them yet they continue to gossip and the slave goes on and on about not gossiping!

Seems they can control dubs in every other way but cannot control the gossipers. LMAO.

• shell69
    shell69

They are so isolated, they have nothing to talk about except cult stuff or the people they know within.

Shell

• Warlock
    Warlock

On one of my comeback attempts, I was out in service and the person I was with said "Oh, you're the brother that lost everything in the stock market". They were referring to the crash in March of 1999, or whatever year that was. I'm like "No.......I didn't lose EVERYTHING. I made 500% on my money in those years and lost 28% OF THAT". Silence, end of conversation.

It's like, "you have me confused with another brother" who did lose everything, but whatever!

If I had lost everything, WTF business is it of anyone? It was my money. It was and still is my business. Who the hell cares? Who the hell cares if I end up living in a park? Certainly no one in MY congregation!

That's the kind of BS that pisses me off.

Warlock

• vitty
    vitty

What gets me is that they think they have a right to ask the most invasive questions...................and then expect an answer !!!!

They are never get embarrassed, or think its none of their business.

Im going to a wedding soon and if anyone asks me anything I dont want to know im going to tell them right out "this is none of your business"

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

R.F., it just means you've reached superstardom. Ya, you're a superstar, they can't get enough of the gossip and talking about you. Isn't it wonderful to be grouped in with the likes of Hollywood? They were/have been talking about us too, I guess we've reach superstar status in our congo and local area. There was a recent quickbuild, and from the sound of it, we were the topic of discussion by many. Superstars I tell ya!

BP

• rebel8
    rebel8

Making up a wild story is an effective interrogation technique used by police and nosy people. It prompts the person to defend himself by divulging the facts.

I usually respond to this by smiling and using the broken record technique (repeating the same thing over and over until they get sick of asking)--

(smile) "I couldn't *imagine* discussing private matters with you."

"Ya but the brothers think you're shacking up with a worldly."

(bigger smile/smirk) "I couldn't *imagine* discussing private matters with you."

"They think she's a prostitute."

(LOL) "I couldn't *imagine* discussing private matters with you."

"Bro Smith says he saw you and her naked in your back yard doing Satanic rituals."

(ROFL) "This technique you have for trying to extract info from me is hilarious, but I couldn't *imagine* discussing private matters with you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit