The Rumor Mill Never Stops

by R.F. 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have no connection to the 'Vine of Grapes' any longer, so I have no idea what is being said about me. Plenty I suppose.

I am likely now a Satan Worshiper who has been sacrificing young virgins on my alter in the back yard and drinking thier blood. I know they think I have my own church [that seems to be a common one]. Likely I have mislead my dear wife to follow my own apostate 'leanings'.

Shall it ever come to my face directly I shall tell them in no uncertain words that 'I quit leaning, and started running in that direction, long ago.'

Isolationism creates a vacuum for such things. I do not miss the vacuum.

Jeff

• fresia
    fresia

I find that those that tend to not gossip mind there own buiness are the ones that get gossiped about, because people want to know their buisniness and they don't talk.

So many cliques' and busy bodies in the org, I just turn of, and how many talks they have on gossiping and being a busy body, and they answer up and the next day it business as usual.

They can destroy people, and lack of love is so rife, cant' get disfellowshiped for it, but can hurt someone to no ends and they get away with it, that is wicked, yet someone out of weakness stuffs up and these wicked judgmental gossipers cant wait to stake them.

• changeling
    changeling

What can we expect form people who cannot get and education, cannot read or do research outside the Society's lit... their litle brains have to do something.

changeling

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

R.F.

It is really amazing how many of these 'friends' have your number but they never call you! A real friend or at least a half a friend would call or send a card. But, no, they prefer to gossip. That is more fun and it keeps them busy in the car groups. It adds spice to a boring day.

I know gossip is bad but people always do it. As far as I am concerned, the only people entitled to 'gossip' about me are those that were my friends at some point. Anybody who just saw me from a distance has no business saying anything at all because they know the least about me.

LHG

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Their lives suck and they only true pleasure they have is talking about others, sad isn't it?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, apparently, from what i've heard, missanna and i are drug dealers and alcoholics. we go out partying every night. we are devil worshipers.

man, i kinda wish i really was having all that fun. lol

• dmouse
    dmouse

Oh yeah, this bought to mind a rumour that spread about me and my ex when we first got engaged.

Apparently, we started dating and got married quickly because my fiance was already pregnant. Tut. We were good Dubs and didn't indulge before the big day.

A sister even took my fiance aside at the hall and told her not to get married for 'that' reason - (probably just fishing for gossip).

Like someone said - rumour and gossip is the only fun they have.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I believe most of your comments are bang on.

It is their own boredom. It is their attempt to denigrate others in order to feel better about themselves. The other component is that it allows them to reinforce their own belief (doubts) that they have God's unique blessing. It is easier for them to digest that when you leave it you become the devil's spawn (returning to your own vomit').

If they admit you can leave, still be a good person and enjoy life, it causes too many holes to appear in their belief system. It is far easier to mentally accept an evil rumour than accept your beliefs are wrong.

I suppose I have big enough shoulders to accept being called a 'fornicator' if it means people can continue to live in the cult induced utopian fantasy. But frankly, I don't really care what they think anymore. I am far happy living in the real world than I ever was during my 30 years living the Witness fantasy/lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit