Sad Sept KM QB part tonight. They have a plan. Sad.

by oompa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

The Question does say it is witnesses getting these study groups up. One scripture you will not hear during the part is the one scripture Jesus himself spoke of small groups getting together, this one:

Matt 18:20

"For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst."

The brother doing the part was very clever,as were the comments "how could we ever find time to study more with all these meeting and all the literature, we don't need anything else ha ha." The elder asked lots of questions, but never about the FDS not endorsing "any literature, meetings, or websites" except for those they produce, and it was NEVER EVEN READ. The same with those wishing to study more "use only our literature". Never mentioned, never read. He just skipped around the powerful stuff that was new and relevant.

I never raised my hand, but from the looks I got from the elders, I am sure they would never have called on me. And the only reason I wussed, was because of my wife there, and the fact that I have been in way too many meetings with two elders lately, and expect a third after this part. They mentioned "the purpse of these so-called Jehovah's Witness sites is to discuss peoples own ideas and debate with others" (hey and to encourage others too, then it is us)

So my wife and I discussed it all the way to the meeting, and argued about it for an hour afterward, both getting many good points across. But at the end she got emotional, and said she has hung in here for two years and hasn't left me yet, but that I have torn our family and friends apart. That I have given up on Jehovah. I said I have not, but have pretty much given up on the orginazition. It was not a good night. She has gone to bed.

let their eyes be opened......oompa

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Typical

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've been there.

You're not alone, oompa.

Many here can relate.

let their eyes be opened

Amen to that!

• BFD
    BFD

I'm sorry, oompa.

Stay strong.

BFD

• tula
    tula

It sounds like the WBTS has taken away your authority as head of your household.

Where are your wife's priorities? Is she more concerned with friends and relatives? Doesn't she realize the stress of all this has lead to a handful of meds for you?

I think a vacation is in order for the two of you. Get away from all this garbage for awhile. Go to that "little cabin in the mountains". Hire a deprogrammer if you can't get through to her.

Hey. there was a thread on here about a really good show on cults on discovery channel. Find it and make some popcorn for the two of you.

I am sorry oompa. I feel so bad for you.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The brother doing the part was very clever,as were the comments "how could we ever find time to study more with all these meeting and all the literature, we don't need anything else ha ha." The elder asked lots of questions, but never about the FDS not endorsing "any literature, meetings, or websites" except for those they produce, and it was NEVER EVEN READ. The same with those wishing to study more "use only our literature". Never mentioned, never read. He just skipped around the powerful stuff that was new and relevant.

Hey oompa, don't be so hard on yourself for not saying anything. You're not the pussy here. The chump who did the part forgot to bring his cajones. I mean, what is he so ashamed of? Is he embarrassed by the changes? If so, will he admit it?

Grill him on it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But at the end she got emotional, and said she has hung in here for two years and hasn't left me yet, but that I have torn our family and friends apart.

That is sadly typical. If you don't swallow the WTS stuff hook, line, and sinker, then YOU are
    tearing the family or marriage apart. Their own teachings tell the spouse to remain with the
    unbeliever. How can you tear apart the family if the indoctrinated ones do their part?

The answer is just like this QB. It's not really what is said that is important, it is what is meant.
    The QB means "The Governing Body is telling you not to use any non-JW research material."
    The organization means (in the case of faders and family members leaving the borg) "Just use them
    for material gain (like a prostitute would) and blame them for everything. Don't listen to their
    beliefs as it is bound to wake you up."

• JK666
    JK666

This elder giving the KM part had no integrity or stones. If the GB says it, they should shout this BS from the rooftops if they know they have the Troof!

JK

• fresia
    fresia

It simply is no ones buisness what anyone reads, looks up on the net, or what sites or forums they belong to, how bloody dare they cause these divisions with in the familys of JW's that exactly what it does, now if poor ol Johnny wants to have a chat with some other witness or whoever on a site he has to hide it in fear his wife finds out, completely innocent and yet he is branded an apostate.

My point is they plant distrust of one another in our minds, the next thing will be to watch any one that owns a computer.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would love to hear a recording of this kind of discussion of the Sept. KM at the Service Meeting. As interesting as the QB is, I am a bit more interested to hear how it is interpreted and discussed at the local congregational level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit