Sad Sept KM QB part tonight. They have a plan. Sad.

by oompa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• lesterd
    lesterd

And where shall she go? She'll usurp Jehovahs authority bestowed on you as her head, whether you are a beleiver or not? What a good witness. As long as you are not trying to convert her, she has no scriptual grounds to leave, theres that "light switch love" again, oh thats right in the "truth" you dont have to have scriptual grounds, just society grounds. In leaving she is condeming you as unworthy of forgiveness, she is stopping the blood of Christ being used for your sins, oh how the mighty say who is worthy of association and life?.

• bebu
    bebu

Oompa, I just read a great comment by Lady Liberty on nvrgnbk's thread "for lurker's only". I think you can possibly use this with your wife, and maybe give her hope for your attitude:

...I keep this scripture on my desk..in front of me everyday. 2 Timothy 1:7 " For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of powerand of love and of a sound mind."

You are not wrong for wanting to check things out. Jehovah expects you to make sure of all things. He does not want you to be fearful for having questions or doubts and concerns. But he has given you power, love and a sound mind to research and make sure of your worship to him. ... Remember..the bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn....this is a journey.

If either you or your wife is clinging to beliefs from FEAR, then something is not right according to the Bible. There are plenty of places where the Bible endorses careful questioning and research. Ps. 18:17 is one of my favorite quotes, the well-known "Test ALL things..." quote, and Jesus' many exhortations that we beware of false teachers--who will come in sheep's clothing. If we see what looks like zippers on a sheep, then we have a divine responsibility to investigate.

I am sure you know all this... but if she can feel permission and encouragement from a higher authority than the WTS --and shouldn't that be the Word of God???-- then encourage her to exercise faith in what God commands.

I wish the very best for you and your wife. Hang in there, oompa!

bebu

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry oompa. But I am sorry to say...I would wuss a bit more otherwise she will leave you. So many have darling....They MUST obey the WT.I know my daughter loves me. But will have NOTHING to do with me for years. The WATCHTOWER SPEAKS & all obey

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sorry oompa. But I am sorry to say...I would wuss a bit more otherwise she will leave you. So many have darling....They MUST obey the WT.I know my daughter loves me. But will have NOTHING to do with me for years. The WATCHTOWER SPEAKS & all obey

• mouthy
    mouthy

OOps sorry to eager to press submit Sorry

• oompa
    oompa

Mouthy, you are probably right. She has definately put the org. ahead of me, already even turning me in to the elders for using this site. I just left my psychiatrist (reg. appointment) and he said that if the meds don't help me cope, and that if therepy does not help me cope, then I am going to be very likely facing divorce, as "our faith" (which he stongly feels is a cult) was the main thing my wife and I had in common, and our marriage/love is not going to be easy without it (controlling my every move).

Lesterd : As long as you are not trying to convert her, she has no scriptual grounds to leave,

Thanks Lesterd! Now I know she is leaving! I would say I have been trying to think for herself, or "awake", or question our teachings. Of course that is what we try to get people to do in the door to door, and I think that spells CONVERSION!

I only wish.....oompa

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Awakened07 observed:

By the way - has the WBTS ever said "You must do this and this?" Isn't it always "we do not recommend or endorse" etc.?

Outstanding point. There's not a JW anywhere, past or present, loyal or 'apostate,' who does not know this to be true---recognizing it as the WTS's standard modus operandi in virtually all areas in which they haven't even a shaky scriptural leg on which to stand. I must be sure to have it in stock for 9/07 OKM - Round 2 with beloved but 'faithful' spouse---he was lightening quick to lob the "...they don't forbid, they just don't endorse..." rationale/justification--- as I am sure are most entranced JWs regarding this edict.

De-programming is such frustrating (and infuriating!) work that we sometimes gallop past the simple yet effective tool in our haste to land that sledgehammer blow.

AMNESIAN

• TheListener
    TheListener

Sorry to here this Oompa.

I hope you and your wife can continue to move forward and work things out.

My wife and I have come to an unspoken agreement. We don't discuss the truth unless I've drunk too much or she has pms. Not bad really, but these two circumstances tend to coincide all too frequently. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit