any pagans on board?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 78 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

"Not 100% decided yet." = This concept is still in the research and design phase of production and we are not able to release this information at this time.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sounds like a very cool plan.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I'd be interested to hear how the other pagan folks arrived at this path. I haven't pursued anything extensively, but as stated before I have a lot of curiousity/interest in the subject.

Paganism is one of the few religious or spiritual orientations that I'm still willing to consider. Christianity is of absolutely no interest to me. Satanism requires a certain amount of christian belief so that's generally out. So, that has left me with Eastern thought (taoism, buddhism, shinto, hunduism, etc) and paganism.

I'm particularly drawn to Green Witchcraft and similar as they focus on the solitary practitioner and require no commitment to a religious group or coven. The disadvantage of solitary is that you don't have a practicing group to learn from. Though I have found some interesting classes recently that don't have any affiliation with any particular group and I can pick and chose based on schedule and or content. For example, I took a healing stones 101 type class last weekend at a local shop.

So, I'd love to hear from the rest of you as to what your leanings are and how you have chosen to educate yourself.

• Gregor
    Gregor

If they offer a free home study course and 5 meetings a week and require min. 10 hrs. a month to recruit, plus everlasting life, I'm in!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

pagan was originally used by christians to mean red neck in latin.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Gregor:If they offer a free home study course and 5 meetings a week and require min. 10 hrs. a month to recruit, plus everlasting life, I'm in!

But wait, there's more! Call in the next 30min and you'll get a free lifetime supply of our own special Kool-Aid and a 50% discount at all Bob's Labotomy shops! Don't waste another minute! Call now!!!!

• shell69
    shell69

as you may know I da's in feb of this year. Really still 'finding my feet' Am V intereseted in witchcraft, but only in a posotive way .... ie, I make a pantagram out of sticks and place it in my door way in the hope tht it reppels dubs!!!! (hehe)

Seriously though, I believe in spirit.

All of you who have lived a jw life will know that you are taught black/white. there is good and there is bad. What I now truely believe is that is not the case.

Not all spirit is there to hurt, OR to be the road to god. Cant really say much more at this moment coz I'm not certain how to put it into words.

Will post more l8r

Love. Shell

• eclipse
    eclipse

Paganism is so diverse and has so many meanings

I think that because I don't believe that jesus was divine...that means I'm a pagan

Also, I like satan's character....I root for the underdogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am not part of any type of religion or belief now. But after leaving the borg I made a concerted effort to learn as much as I can about all the religions and wicca was the first one I started with. After finding out what is was all about I was able to completely erase all the crap that was put into my head by the JW's and christians in general. As a result I have a couple friends that are wiccans because they know that I don't judge them as evil and they are comfortable with me.

So even though I am not I don't have any problem with JWD members that are. I am not here to judge and it's amazing how many friends in the real world you will get just by being tolerant and open minded.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think hibiscusfire is one, not sure.

i am trying to learn about all religions right now. paganism is interesting. i don't think i will ever "claim" a religion though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit