any pagans on board?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 78 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Let's not confuse "pagan based spritual interest" with Wicca which is a religion. I claim no religion and have absolutely no interest in belonging to one ever again. I do consider myself spritual though, and despite what the JW's have programmed us with there is a difference between the two.

BigD, Don't study religions, study the different paths humans take to find their answers. Religion itself is too categorical and studying the religion won't reflect the diverse beliefs of the followers.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

BigD, Don't study religions, study the different paths humans take to find their answers. Religion itself is too categorical and studying the religion won't reflect the diverse beliefs of the followers.

i appreciate what you are saying bigwilly. i am only studying different religions, because i am ignorant of them. i do not have alot of knowledge of religions outside of the w.t.s. i am not religious, nor do i think i ever will be. but, for me not to believe in something, or for me to believe in something, i have to understand it first. i also just like to learn.

i look at people on an individual basis. i totally disagree with some of my best friends on big things like politics and religion. but, i try to see their way of thinking. i have had my mind changed on many issues this way.

i used to be a raving conservative that hated liberals, until i came to places like this, and spoke to some and saw they were compassionate people. now, i am middle of the road.

point is, until i know about something, i can't form an opinion on it.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Makes sense Big D, I guess I've got a little bit of an anthropological leaning as well. So, the human portion of it is deeply interesting. I think you are doing the right thing by making the effort to educate yourself. Much better than running away from all of it like I did

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

to each his own bro. we need to worry more about the present than what MIGHT happen after we die. i just like to think. i've always been a bit of a jack-ass, and am trying to overcome that with some knowledge and wisdom.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow, Shell!

You weren't kidding!

Quite the avatar you have there!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks, BSOM!

I'd like to see what you're thinking of having done.

BTW, great thread topic!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Wow, Shell!

You weren't kidding!

Quite the avatar you have there!

She from da D E B I L ! That's a compliment, right? Open Mind

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I was Wiccan for about three years, now I'm more comfortable with the term Pagan. Wicca can be extremely focused on the rituals, and while the structure of it was helpful to me at the time, it's not the path I need to be on right now. Fortunately, Maine has a large and active Pagan community, so I have the option of taking part in group ritual for big holidays like Beltaine and Samhain. Usually, though, I'm a solitary witch.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    That's a compliment, right?

You'd better believe it is!

Cast off all that entangles you.

Simply be.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nvr:

Simply be.

Hey now! That's fightin' dirty. How am I supposed to get my JW hooks into you when you just sidestep the whole GUILT THANG!!!???

Love ya Nvr.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit