September 11

by lavendar 65 Replies latest jw friends

• fresia
    fresia
    If you were an iraq resident who would you say is the real terrorist by definition? the american in charge seems to me to be the hitler of teh 21st century and we sit around going about our daily lives watching it happen everyday and dont see the trees nor the forest

Shadow thanks for youre honesty...so true.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    but folks this many people die every 2 hours from starvation in africa, something humankind can completely overcome. yet we dont seem to give a stuff about that do we, becuase those bloated poor humans that we cant stand to look at dont appear human to us really, or to me anyways, death is the best out for them too given their dire situation.

Why don't you try that tact at the next funeral you attend.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Good thing there are people with common sense around to protect the poor, sheltered, naive saps.

• 5go
    5go

Sence 9/11 I have lost my job

Sence 9/11 I have lost my faith in my god and my goverment to protect me.

Sence 9/11 I have lost my freedom to fear of more attacks.

Sence 9/11 I have lost my pride in my country to be above such stuipid tatics and not resort to them as well.

Sence 9/11 I have lost my sanity.

Sence 9/11 I have lost my health.

Sence 9/11 I have lost the blindness to real problem, my lack of caring of who is in charge in my country.

Get out and register to vote!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Did you lose your ability to spell the most common of words after 9/11?

• Mary
    Mary
    shadowofbathory said: Regardless of your beliefs about bin laden, a conspiracy, the accountability of the USA in their dealings with the middle east, putting that aside, which is the greater evil and violation of human rights, the very sad and unfortunate 3000 killed in the one off event of 911, or the 3000 killed per hour which is potentially preventable by the majority, along with the daily deaths of innocents under the occupation of the western world in iraq? And all this sold to you by an evil american dictator under the guise of the mantra ' we got'sta kill all them terrorists and those that support and harbour 'em'.

Shadow, no one is saying that they support the war in Iraq and I think virtually everyone on this board realizes that George Bush Jr. is an incompetent asshole, a warmonger and a slimeball. Unfortunately, George Bush wasn't killed on 9-11, but 3,000 innocent people were. That is what this thread is about. Not the President, not the starving in Africa or the people of Iraq. You wanna talk about that, start a seperate thread.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Shadow, please explain to me who is responsible for the starvation going on in Africa at this time? Who is ruling the various nations where war, famine, sickness, aids, etc, is going on throughout the whole of Africa? How many african americans do you know that are making an effort to help these people?

As mary so politely called to your attention, this topic is about remembering what happened on 911, 2001 to civilians, innocent men woman and children from various backgrounds.

The Afican situation could be covered on another thread started by you.

Blueblades

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I was going to my mom's house when a neighbor told me to turn on the news. Once I got there my mom and sister were all watching CNN. We couldn't believe what we were watching. Then we saw the second plane hit live....We just kept on thinking about those poor people's families. The extent of the damage we didn't learn till later. But the consequences of that day are still being felt worldwide. And it's unfortunate that such a tragic event was used by politicians to manipulate Americans and the nationalistic fervor that arose after 9/11.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I was asleep when I heard my friend's voice on the answering machine (somehow I didn't hear the phone ring) screaming "we are under attack!" I got up and talked with her - her mother from NY had just called her. So we turned on the television and watched in horror as the second plane hit the towers. I agree that starvation and poverty are terrible scourges, but terrorism is one of the worst scourges there is and it is so hard to deal with. Terrorism is evil, pure and simple. The poster who said this is the Pearl Harbor of our generation put it very well - a moment that defines our lifetime. The only other one so shocking in my lifetime was the assassination of President Kennedy. That led to a series of assassinations that were very shocking. Now the thought of further terrorism makes my chest hurt. I remember on one thread that one of the regular posters (can't remember which one) was actually on an airplane taken over by terrorists. How do you recover from that?

• ajwnm
    ajwnm

I was home watching tv, FOX news, when they started reporting. I was glued to the tv for the next week and barely got any rest when I wasn't working. I had the whole week recorded on vhs tapes. I lost them in Katrina, along with everything else.

I had been reading books about the dangers of Islam but never really took any of it very seriously until that day. That day, and the horrors it brought,are forever etched in my mind. All of those innocent people, died for nothing. They were slaughtered for a religion that lusts after blood. Anybody's blood that isn't Islamic and even some Muslims that want to live in peace.

We should neutron bomb the mountain region between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Give them 72 hrs. warning to hand over all Taliban and terrorists. If they don't comply, then bomb them. Period. If Bin Laden resurfaces anywhere, then track him down all through the Islamic world and bomb whoever gives him safe have, out of existence.

We should have done that in the beginning. And warn Iran, Syria and any other Islamic terror states that they are next IF ONE SINGLE AMERICAN IS KILLED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BY A MUSLIM. That is the only thing that the Muslim mind understands. If they think that they are winning they believe that allah is for them and backing them. If they lose they think that allah is punishing them. So I say punush them beyond their wildest imaginations.

For 20+ years Muslims have been killing Americans and Jews all over the world with inpunity because states like Iran, Syria and others have sponsored them and given them safe havens. From this day forward no American should die at the hand of a Muslim murderer without severe, immediate and deadly consequences to those states. If it takes eliminating every Muslim off the face of the earth to keep the rest of us safe, then so be it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit