Awake 1980- Movie "The Exorcist 1+2 will cause demonic attacks and murders!

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• monophonic
    monophonic

there was also the rumor going around that some bethelites went to the theater to see the film and satan or some demons forced them to stay in their seats in the theater until elders were called from bethel to pray them out of their seats.

bethelite elder super heroes.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This is what I saw after viewing the movie...

I couldn't do my business for weeks!

LMAO!

• zack
    zack

Okay, the movie was scary. But goodnight, it was a MOVIE! The WTS hates anything that is even remotely entertaining. As for demon possession, how do they do it? The Bible says God has reserved them for judgement with ETERNAL BONDS. So God put them in prison with chains, so to speak. So the ones that possess people somehow managed to escape? What happened to the jailer angel? Did he get a transfer? Religion is all about fear and the WTS loves it.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    there was also the rumor going around that some bethelites went to the theater to see the film and satan or some demons forced them to stay in their seats in the theater until elders were called from bethel to pray them out of their seats.

bethelite elder super heroes.

I'm crying here. Have conjoured up this image of a window cleaners from all over town entering phone boxes and emerging in suits and carrying briefcases full of WT crap.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What an inventive excuse for being somewhere or doing something that you know the org won't approve of!

The most pathetic thing about it is that many jws would probably believe it, and might have had their faith in the org strengthened by these bethelites "experience".

I'm crying here. Have conjoured up this image of a window cleaners from all over town entering phone boxes and emerging in suits and carrying briefcases full of WT crap.

lol

• undercover
    undercover

I have a confession...

I never saw the Exorcist as a JW. In fact, I never saw any "demonic", super-natural or paranormal movie while I was a JW. I was scared poop-less of these movies...all because of the JW hype and propaganda of becoming under demon attack by watching them.

But a year or so ago, The Exorcist was on a movie channel on TV, unedited and uninterrupted. I was home alone and decided to watch it in the dark. At first I was a little apprehensive about it, since I had lived a life of being terrified of this movie, but after about 30 minutes into it, I started to relax and by the end I was actually laughing at it. Not that it was funny, but at the notion that I had been afraid of this?

So I can say now that the movie The Exorcist helped me exorcise the last of the WT demons from my soul and I can now enjoy movies like "The Ring" and other super-natural thrillers and not feel anything other than the suspense that the movie attempts to create for the viewer.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So Vitty! It's true? You became a Witness thanks to the Exorcist. Well I know a person who studied becuase of Terminator 2 -Judgement day. The scene where everything is burning in a nuclear fire...another studied during the 1st gulf war...then quit when it ended. It's all fear control.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I saw the Exorcist but I didn't think it was that scary. I mean, when you compare it to modern horror movies, it's really not that realistic looking.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I wonder if the demons assisted in the production of the movie.

Just wait.

I'll ask them.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Who wrote this crap in the Awake....not a normal 20th Century person! Funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit