Awake 1980- Movie "The Exorcist 1+2 will cause demonic attacks and murders!

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 1980 had a mission. Attack these two movies! Voted: "The scariest movie of all time," this is what was said about "The exorcist" and the sequel.

Awake 1980 12/8 p.11 "Since the release of "The Exorcist some years ago, MANY reports are on file of the adverse effects it had on many who saw it. Maureen was an Atheist. She had heard so much about the film, she decided to go see it with a friend. The results were dramatic. "It was the most terrifying thing I have ever seen. It was horrible. I could feel something was happening to me. I was shaking all over, and could just manage to pick myself up from the seat to walk out. But this was only the beginning of my troubles. Returning home, I was ready to burst into tears. My husband offered me little comfort as he had told me not to go see the film. How right he was! I could not sleep that night, dreaming about the film. During the coming weeks things went from bad to worse. I was frightened to go to bed. And when I did, I would wake up in a cold sweat. I knew THERE WAS SOMETHING IN MY HOUSE AS I COULD FEEL IT WITH ME WHERE EVER I WENT. I felt I was going out of my mind.....I knew a family of Jehovah's Witnesses living nearby and jump at the opportunity to study the bible with them..."

Luckly she became a Witness and was saved from the Demons! The editor of Awake had 5 months earlier printed this...

Awake 80 7/22 p.31 "TV TRIGGERS TERROR! - When the motion picture "The Exorcist 2" was shown recently on U.S television, a mother and her 4 year old daughter in Whichita falls, Texas, reportedly watched it together. One scene is said to show the cutting out of a girl's heart to get rid of a demon. The little Texas girl was found murdered in the same fashion. Her mother was charged with homicide.

Now notice how strange that this article shows no newspaper reference or qoutes. It is very hard to check the whole story...was the woman suffering from mental illness or drugs? Who said this happened for real? The only refernce is where it happened and I have been un-able to find the original article anywhere. So I guess you will have to take Awakes word for it.

Have you seen these movies and been possesed, or had the urge to kill your daughter...if so call "Jehovah's Witness Ghost Busters" now! Brother Bill Muarry will be with you soon. Telephone 666 666 666. H.E.L.P J.A.H.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Nice how an overactive imagination makes you believe strange things are happening to you...

And also nice how like you mentioned, they don't reference the stories.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake magazine always tells you who they qouted...very strange! In my cong. a sister went to see ghost busters and had a panic "demon" attack, and was taken to the emergency room. I remember reading these articles. I wasn't allowed to see these films for many decades. Today I own a DVD of both but no demons attack me ...except my wife who wan'ts me to "get rid of your horror movies."

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The guy who thought up The Ring must've read these magazines, lol.

• avengers
    avengers

I saw the movie and immediately I fell into a demon attack.

Then I remembered the magic words: "Who're you gonna call? Ghostbusters!".

They came, they saw and they kicked ass.

lmfao.

Andy

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake 80 12/8p.11 "One young man engaged in {UFO} spotting there {stonehenge} he saw many phenomena...he became a reader of books on the subject...He says "My personality changed, I started to believe I was a prophet, someone special with a work to do. I developed extraordinary powers and was able to go days on end without food, drink or sleep. I COULD EVEN OPEN A PAIR OF CUTAINS SIMPLY BY LOOKING AT THEM. On one occation I was taken to the local Police station and examined there by the police psychiatrist THOUGHT I WAS ON DRUGS...eventually I ENDED UP IN A MENTAL HOME...."

The article again says he studied with the Witnesses and the demons left him alone. Is this article from.1680 or 1980

• avengers
    avengers
    eventually I ENDED UP IN A MENTAL HOME...."

The article again says he studied with the Witnesses and the demons left him alone.

If this person ended up in a mental home and it says that he ended up studying with the Witnesses; am I to conclude that

the Org is the Mental Home?

Life is lovely in Lalaland.

• fresia
    fresia

Thats stupid, as stupid as my story about the film, I walked out on it, and the next day a JW called and I started a bible study as I was still in shock at the film. So it was the movie that prompted me to study what I thought was the bible.

• vitty
    vitty

Oh im going to hate this admission but.....................I watched the exorcised and it scared me so much I asked my mum for a bible( yep the old green one) im sure this was the start of me getting back involved with the JWs again.

I had been brought up a witness till I was 9 (so I was already damaged) ..............then when my baby was 2 and I had post natal depression I started a study, because I was terrified with the big A. but this film really brought back all the fear of the demons and in turn all the superstition of the JWs.

Damn those scary movies

• Clam
    Clam
    "My personality changed, I started to believe I was a prophet, someone special with a work to do. I developed extraordinary powers and was able to go days on end without food, drink or sleep."

Sounds like he was turning into one of the anointed.

I must admit I was put off from going to see the Exorcist for years. Partly because of Dub propoganda and partly because of urban myth marketing. When I finally got round to seeing it I wondered what all the fuss was about. The posessed girl's rotating head was comical. "The power of Christ compels you."

Clam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit